Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fed up with my laguna mat sliding forward as sometimes gets stuck in front of the accelerator holding it down so when you take your foot off to change gear the revs shot up.The holes are there in the mats but i have only 1 complet clip and renault dont seem to sell these separate.
The holes in the mats are 20mm.I have also tried ford,peugeot to see if the sell clips of some kind but they all say they come with the mats:steam: For now i am using a piece of velcro but its not very practical. any one know where i can get the complete fixings including the part that fixes to the floor and will fit a 20mm holes in the mats.I looking for 4 complet fixings.Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Not much help but...

I have the factory mats, complete with the clips. They still regularly pop off and allow the mat to ride up and interfere with the pedals:steam:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
One of the clips was missing from our mats.
We spoke to the dealer who put us on to their valeting guys - they had a "bucket" load of various clips & fittings & sorted us out, they evengave us a "spare" one - it's in our garage somewhere now, so it could be anywhere.

May be worth a friendly phone call to your dealer.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Moving mats or magic carpet

Here's a temporary fix which I have used on occasion. Poke a couple of small holes in the rear edge of the mat and lash it to the seat frame using nylon cable ties. Sometimes even the proper studs come adrift especially when I'm wearing my stilletoes. Oh how I love my heels!:rofl: :rofl:

S

·
0 Posts
I've got AutoStyle mats with the little metal hook fastenings and these have broken on this set (I've had two previous sets). I'll be trying the old cable ties 'cos with black mats and a black carpet I bet you'll not even see 'em. Ta!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted it VW sell these clips for there (2006)mats. All i had to do was make the hole slightly bigger in the mat set.They come with a plastic screw that goes into the carpet then two other sections clamp together with the hole in the mat.
Place the mat over the fitting and turn the clips to lock it.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there the only long term result ivehad is by using a long wide velcro strip along the back edge of the mats, have fixed them by stitching or stapling them on worked a treat and customers havent complained since rsult! good luck bigshow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts