Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having some difficulty locating a Touch-up paint "stick"in my 99 Laguna 1.8 Sport colour.It appears to be Alize Beige.Halfords don't have it in their range and I have tried a local Motor Factor without success.I have not approached the local Renault dealer but that may be my only option.Any ideas?
Sorry!Had to edit. This is my first time contribution and I should have read my submission before clicking Go!That's old farts for you.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Sounds like your car is same colour as mine.:)

Renault would obviously be able to supply a touch up stick,but it might be worth seeing if a local paint mixing factor or bodyshop could do one cheaper.Some bodyshops have the equipment to put paint mixed on site into aerosols and touch up tins.Some paint factors can do the same,and can even match the colour from your car specifically which takes into account the amount that the colour has faded over time.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99 Laguna Touch up Paint

Thanks for your speedy reply,it has been noted.I have to say that I am impressed with the Laguna 1.8 Sport-really my wife's transport.Very well equipped and a smooth drive.This particular example is in exceptional condition and I am waiting for the bubble to burst.It is such a recent arrival that we don't have the V5 to research the previous owners and service history and this concerns.(for example Cam belt kit changes).It appears to be so well cared for that I can't believe that the "works" haven't been similarly attended to.
Congratulation!The Forums are a brilliant idea and look as if they help owners such as myself motoring on a budget.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Congratulation!The Forums are a brilliant idea and look as if they help owners such as myself motoring on a budget.
I think other members will agree that these forums have saved us all ££££££'s.

Welcome on board and feel free to join in where and when you can.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
With regard to Lagdti's reply-Thankyou for your welcome.This is a pic. of the Laguna (Mk 1Phase2)that I am trying to obtain a touch up paint stick for.Is this colour Alize Beige?Looks as if I will be forced to visit the local Renault Main Dealer.Don't fancy going on my own in case I get talked into spending real money!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome jsrwill98. You have a very fresh looking motor there.
I forgot to mention this-I am a newbie,dont forget,DRUM BRAKES!!!!,Imean?When did Renault change to Discs all round?The front discs on this particular Laguna seem pretty new-no score marks OR lip on the outer edge!!Are all Lag. Sport discs ventilated?
As you can deduce I am learning more about this Laguna every time I take a closer look.Bags of spec and NO dings-I wonder what the catch is?I'me sure one of you enthusiasts out there will burst my bubble soon.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
My 1.8 Sport estate has ventilated discs on the front and drums on the rear.To be honest,the 1.8 doesn't justify having discs on the rear!:)

The front discs are a pretty large diameter though,and the brakes on mine are very strong.I have recently changed the front discs and pads,but I haven't got round to checking the rear shoes yet.The MOT didn't show up anything untoward with the rears,and the handbrake travel is still short.Lag 1's do tend to suffer with long handbrake travel,and this is usually a sign of the shoes being worn or out of adjustment.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sport 1.8 Drums/Discs

Thanks for the info Lagdti.Just the reassurance I needed.I will have a closer look in the AM.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lagdti.Just the reassurance I needed.I will have a closer look in the AM.-------------
A few days later,30/04.Unable to locate any Holts type paint Touch up sticks in the correct (Alize Beige) colour anywhere and I tried all avenues.Finally driven to the Local Main Dealer where I offered the store guy ALL the numbers and codes off the sticker/plate on the bottom of the "B" pillar.None recognised as a colour code but after disappearing into the depth of the Alladin's Cave for a while he emerged to ask "Was it Metallic?"My reply was Dunno, but it's very shiny!Got a very funny look.Do you ken what you are dealing with here Lagdti?
Anyway,at the risk of boring you,I took a chance and ordered a Twin Pack as the store guy seemed to know what the Old Fart needed.Hope it's the correct shade.
Will keep you posted.
jsrwill98

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:rofl:

Good luck!.Let is know if it matches.:)
At least I have a Part No./code now so if this is really the answer I will pass on the details.
BTW.The Bonnet Cable repair instructions are really clear.The author isn't an ex RAF Engineering Instructor by any chance?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Laguna 1 Ph 2 Paint colour (Touch up "sticks').This may be for Lagdti in particular.Continuing from the last post on this subject I have now picked up the twin pack
"Stylo-Retouche" bottle pens from Stonacre,my local Main Dealer.As promised here is the code for Alize Beige-
77 01 410 329 (uv 1 186 ho94).It appears to be a near perfect match and comprises a colour pen AND the usual clear laquer.I have already repaired a couple of stone chips on the bonnet and grill and from three feet away they can no longer be seen-mind you that's with my old eyes.I can't beleive that this "gen" wasn't in the public domain.It probably was but is so basic you all didn't want to spoil my fun!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone let Lagdti know that I posted some paint code details last night 02/05 which do not seem to have been picked up.It appears direct e.mails are not allowed.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next Question.I have tried to use the search facility to find out where the "SPORT" badges are supposed to be fitted on the doors? of a Lag 1 Ph2 and found no matches to my wording.Has any one out there a picture/image or maybe just a clear description would do.
Would be grateful for any help.
I bet the moderator will make a meal of this one?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Position of Sport Badges

Would anyone like to suggest where I should stick them?Now that should generate a response!But seriously folks,as Hughie Green used to say,(What do you mean Hughie Who?)-any ideas or pictures?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, if the sport Badges are the small type ones then I have a feeling they stick just above the black trim pieces on the driver and passenger doors, I have posted a pic of my Laguna Monaco and if you look closely you should see the Monaco Badge in the place I refer to, just above the side indicators
Regards Leroy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts