Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I have had this car from new, I had a small coolant leak and topped it up with water until I found where it was leaking from. I have now fixed the leak and want to drain and change the coolant. Renault coolant for this car most retailers state type D Green coolant but the coolant in the car is a pale pink, I have looked but Renault do not sell pink coolant. As I have said I have had this car from new so I know it has never been changed. So now I am lost as to know what to use, any help would be very big help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI I have had this car from new, I had a small coolant leak and topped it up with water until I found where it was leaking from. I have now fixed the leak and want to drain and change the coolant. Renault coolant for this car most retailers state type D Green coolant but the coolant in the car is a pale pink, I have looked but Renault do not sell pink coolant. As I have said I have had this car from new so I know it has never been changed. So now I am lost as to know what to use, any help would be very big help.
Hi, Had a similar experience with my DCI Megane last year... my understanding is that it should be the Green spec' (for/by Renault)one.... 'may be the existing coolant was changed during an early Dealer service or a "long ago" issue/garage work. The correct Renault Green stuff is quite plentiful on eBay... May be some else will correct me & state Pink is correct ~ 'could always touch with a friendly main dealer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your help. Along time ago I was a motor fitter,(I am now 71) and I do all my services so I know it has not been changed that's why I am a bit confused as to the color and I have searched for a renault coolant that is pink. I will probably flush it and put in green if I can't find pink by Renault. Thank's a lot for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts