Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone. has anyone on here ever changed the Blower Motor Resistor without removing the Blower Motor. Stay safe and well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope this will help others with the same problem. I purchased a new pollen filter and resistor from that well know site ending in bay. I removed the glove box and located the pollen filter housing. Removed the two screws holding the cover and got the old filter out and replaced it with the new one, easy enough job. Next I got on the floor in the passenger footwell and removed the soundproofing to reveal the blower motor. It is held in by just 1 screw at the top and once this is out you just catch hold of the blower motor in both hands and give it a twist anticlockwise and the motor should then come out of its housing. Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the motor for cleaning and lubricating (I used WD40). Next bit was a bit fiddly to remove the resistor, you will need a good strong torch and a small bolt remover to take out the two bolts/screws holding the resistor to the casing at the bottom. Disconnect the two connectors and you are left with the old resistor to take away and dispose of. Now its time for a cuppa while you are cleaning the blower motor and spraying with WD40. Leave it for about 30 minutes before bringing it back to the car with the new resistor and connect everything back together in reverse. Remember to turn the blower motor clockwise to lock it in before screwing the top screw back in. Test every thing is working before putting back to glove box. My car is now working as it should with the air con working on all speeds and the on/off button on the control panel just above the slot for the keycard working again. Best of luck with anyone doing this and remember if I can do it then anyone can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mr Muttleboy

Thanks for your post, it helped me quite a bit...
Until I got to the part about removing the blower motor! Now I'm lying inverted, partly on my back (on the passenger seat) and partly on my shoulder & head (in the pax footwell) looking up at the blower 'complex' and a mass of wiring...

I don't see any obvious 'single screw' holding the motor in place - in fact I see about six socket-head screws, about 6mm hex, around the perimeter of the motor (or fan) housing. And everything is very, very cramped & tight.

Which is this single screw - what do you mean "at the top"? Top of what? And 'top' when viewed from what orientation?
Did you perhaps take any pictures?
Please don't take any of this as a criticism - it's just that I'm stumped at this point and am desperate to progress further.

Thanks so much for any further help you can provide!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, thanks for the video link - they make it look so easy!
I'll open mine up again tomorrow, but I fear mine looked quite different... more wires, more fasteners. And the fan/blower unit was inclined forwards, not nicely horizontal like theirs. My car is RHD and not an estate - though I can't imagine that the RHD & LHD cars would use different fan/blower units??
Anyway, thank you - I'll give it another bash tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts