Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening forum people.

Have become fed up paying dealer service rates and then have them smile at me when they take my money and have done a half hearted job.

Have found a smashing mechanic from the old school who has offered to service my car but how does he reset the service indicator please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ottoman

Thanks for this. Found details for Scenic species, would you think the service spanner/mileage reset is the same on the Laguna as the Scenic instructions?

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
If you bring up the 'miles to service' display on the dash, then press and hold the reset button (also on the dash) for a few seconds, it flashes back up with 18000, then just release the button and away you go :d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Matt

Does this mean that it will default to the next service mileage due. My next one due in 300 miles is the 54000 service so it should (??) go to the next one I guess??

Rgds

John

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
John........

The display counts down from 18000 regardless of what service is due (36k, 54k etc etc) as that is the default Renault setting.

Hope this helps :d

·
Registered
1 Posts
Service Reset.

Hi All.

I have followed what you should do to reset this but mine doesn't work.

I turn the ignition on by pressing the start button once. Then press the wiper stalk until the mileage shows with the spanner. I then press the TRIP button on the dash for 5 seconds but its still states service spanner.

Am I doing this correctly.

Laguna II 1.9 DCi domanique.

Thanks
Colin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts