Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 53 plate laguna sports toured 1.9 sci is currently in for repair but mechanic doesn't read yr threads like me..... my car shakes when driving and it stops when the clutch is dipped, it also shudders very strongly when when turning left under acceleration. I know this is obviously a driveahaft fault but this problem onlystarted after after the cv joint housing failed its mot 2 months and repaired.....could this repair be the reason why my car shakes..the mechanic is baffled and thinks its the gear box!!! Any help much appreciated as I love my laguna even though its cost me £2,500 in repairs this last 2 years.

G

·
Well it's certainly drivetrain as you know, but could be the shaft, the gear box or even the dual mass fly wheel.

It's obviously something out of balance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad news at the moment I've been told the drive
Code:
shafts are ok......and it may be something called the Did in the gearbox !!!!! Too much play..... I thought a 53 plate gearbox wud not let me down as a the old 6speed gearbox b4 always did..... I'm totally gutted to be honest I've spent so much and 2 months ago only the cv joints let me down and I was praying for just one good year .... tx for the reply this forum is very good.

G

·
IMO would have the drive shafts are okay as when you dip the clutch they still rotate.

It could be a clutch problem as lags04 has mentioned it may be a dual mass flywheel as apparently sadly :( failure isn't uncommon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the replies, its going in again today and hopefully my robbing front end will have a remedy on the way soon. I haven't seen a flywheel mentioned in any similar threads, I will read up on it now. Threads I have read that sorted this prob mentioned either engine mounting loose or drive shaft too short . Reading threads on here opens yr eyes to just how many common faults my Laguna as had with other owners lol.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
You say the noise is worse when turning hard left. If it was a fault DMF (dual mass flywheel) then I would expect the noise to also occur when taking off from stationary.

I would do no harm to check all the engine mounts first as they are a relatively wasy fix. To check the top mount ideally it needs to be removed for inspection.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read that on here and I've mentioned that to the mechanic ...I will again tmoz as he cant work on it today, but now I've just had the wheels checked and the ns front wheel was bouncing on his equipment he used and the bottom ball joint is at fault with loads of play, I've phoned my mechanic and he assures me that isn't causing the car to shake !!!!! I'm gob smacked and at a loss for words now as I can see the play in the wheel myself. Booked in again tmoz and I think his plan is to take the driveshaft off completely ......wish I was a mechanic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.