Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps i have a problem with my daughters car.i keep getting a collapsing primer bulb which restrics the flow of diesel which eventually dies on her,any ideas this is a third party part not the original.

i have tried looking for blockages etc and i have also alot of air bubbles in the tube from fuel filter to pump,again it has had a new Renault filter fitted along with glow plugs etc.Many thanks:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi peeps i have a problem with my daughters car.i keep getting a collapsing primer bulb which restrics the flow of diesel which eventually dies on her,any ideas this is a third party part not the original.

i have tried looking for blockages etc and i have also alot of air bubbles in the tube from fuel filter to pump,again it has had a new Renault filter fitted along with glow plugs etc.Many thanks:cool:

Help ok to be more precise i have changed the primer bulb abd the fuel filter again.What seems to happen with no pattern is she will park go and do whatever come back and it will not start.When you push the primer bulb a few times it will start and
keep running fine???Its as the diesel is running back from the pump but i have checked and double checked for leaks any where.

My question also is the person who owned it previously did put petrol through it not alot,but could this of damaged the inside of the pump thus causing the diesel to run back from the pump when it stops?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update right i have replaced all parts to with fuel line from tank to pump.With no pattern when she stops parks up goes and does what ever comes back it wont start.Press primer a few times and it will start and of she goes.It never cuts out when running.

So question what is causing the diesel to seem to run back from the pump ? also the last owner did admit to running a little petrol through it,could this of damaged the inside of the pump ? i dont know where else to look or replace now ? and its not every time she stops ? Thanks, i did post one but it seems to of disappeared ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi madnoel10 do u mean the primer bulb ? i presumed this has a non return valve in it ? if so yes its brand new,if not where is the non return valve also could it the fuel pressure regulator ?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Some models have a non-return valve in the fuel line close to the tank. Disconnect the primer bulb and see if you can blow back towards the tank.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
The problem your encountering at the moment lies within the fuel pipe connectors the little green o rings on these connectors after a time go faulty & lose there sealing ability hense they draw a lot of air (very common fault). You have a couple of choices here you can chop off connector ends get a small length of of rubber hose 8mm inside diameter which will fit snugly over filter butts & the fuel pipe or you can replace the small o rings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts