Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,059 Posts
You cannot do that with Delphi ,..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I have checked for 12V on B5 only get 0,01V

Check for +12 V after relay feed to the fuel pump on track C of the coil.
If necessary, apply the interpretation of fault DF514 Fuel pump relay circuit.

I have Checked track C and also get 0,01V

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tool
command
Diagnostic tool title
Specification
AC015
Fuel pump relay
This command controls the activation of the fuel pump.
In the event of a fault, see Interpretation of commands.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I have tested the Relay,
1/ I got resistance from pin 1 and 2. 96
2/ I connected + 12v to Pin 1 and negative to pin 2 and I could hear the tapping of open and closing.
3/I then kept the two connection on Pin 1 and 2 then contented +12V to Pin 5 and then got a reading of 12v at pin 3
So I think the Relay is working.

I then Checked again the wiring to the Relay from the harness, ( Fuel Relay plug) I got 12V from Pin 5 but nothing on Pin 3 with the ignition on. I then Check From point C on 778 Coil Pack and got no reading.

All I can think is it is a faulty connection on the Harness. What do you think

Attachments

·
41,059 Posts
Does yours have an inertia switch fitted? ( Not come across an Inertia switch on a car for a fair few years )
Are you supposed to have power when the Ignition is switched on AT that point ?
OR are you missing a power LINE/supply?
One of your posts mentions wires have been joined, what were these wires for ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Hi Stuart

I hope your week been good, and that you keeping safe.

The inertia switch fitted came up on the things to check, On the Info that you sent me, So I presume that it has one?

I have open up the wire harness from the Fuse box by the Motor, I have Notice an exposed wire that looks like it had a lot of heat, That comes from a brown 4 pin relay( See first pic) Black isolated wire on the bottom left of the replay, I am not sure what the relay is for, It is not the Fuel relay, it goes to wards the passenger fuse box and joins 4 other wire( 5 in total) and joins onto three black wires that goes towards the passenger fuse box. See Pic 2 I think its the Negative wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Are you supposed to have power when the Ignition is switched on AT that point ? Not sure what you mean. I also Have a wire that is loose, not connected, It was just taped onto another wire not connected

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Hi Stuart

I hope your week been good, and that you keeping safe.

The inertia switch fitted came up on the things to check, On the Info that you sent me, So I presume that it has one?

I have open up the wire harness from the Fuse box by the Motor, I have Notice an exposed wire that looks like it had a lot of heat, That comes from a brown 4 pin relay( See first pic) Black isolated wire on the bottom left of the replay, I am not sure what the relay is for, It is not the Fuel relay, it goes to wards the passenger fuse box and joins 4 other wire( 5 in total) and joins onto three black wires that goes towards the passenger fuse box. See Pic 2 I think its the Negative wire.

OK ! I take it that the Wire that looks like it was burnt is going to the FRONT FOG LIGHTS RELAY, That makes sense of the wire that was burnt at the indicator stork, which is also the switch for the Fog light, the fog lights also do not come on

·
41,059 Posts
Ok you need to stop, and think outside the box here
You know someone has messed. BUT what have they bypassed; as wires have been joined on the ECU plug
So you have no Idea what relay is doing what. ( Have they joined something else together )
The relay that you are taking as being the fuel pump, Is this the only one that Powers the Engine? Or is there another one also
I would have gone on working all this out, and get the fuse box to match the diagram.
You could well get the car going,, but what if everything else is not working correctly then its another battle on your hands..

Just had a quick look at the diagram. Only two power supplies going to the ECU, (Yellow and red wires) and working when they should
Have these been checked?
778 to 236 have these wires been checked
I have only had a quick look, but the Yellow wire coming from fuel pump relay ( 236 ) IS a power supply to the ecu ,
So you have a power into the fuel pump relay ( 236) from this it goes to Injection Relay (1047) and from this sends power to the ECU ..
And which one is The injector locking relay ( 238)
See what I mean about relays, which one is the Injection relay?

P.S. NO week has been sh1te

Trying find a wiring fault on a Beemer that mechanics have played with before, and not easy without a proper wiring diagram ..
( And you thought you had problems, I have the loom out here )
I know what it is,,,, an effing non runner LOL

·
41,059 Posts
So you are happy with all the wiring under the hood then
And you are testing for ??????????...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
ust had a quick look at the diagram. Only two power supplies going to the ECU, (Yellow and red wires) and working when they should
Have these been checked?
Ok you need to stop, and think outside the box here
You know someone has messed. BUT what have they bypassed; as wires have been joined on the ECU plug
So you have no Idea what relay is doing what. ( Have they joined something else together )
The relay that you are taking as being the fuel pump, Is this the only one that Powers the Engine? Or is there another one also
I would have gone on working all this out, and get the fuse box to match the diagram.
You could well get the car going,, but what if everything else is not working correctly then its another battle on your hands..

Just had a quick look at the diagram. Only two power supplies going to the ECU, (Yellow and red wires) and working when they should
Have these been checked?
778 to 236 have these wires been checked
I have only had a quick look, but the Yellow wire coming from fuel pump relay ( 236 ) IS a power supply to the ecu ,
So you have a power into the fuel pump relay ( 236) from this it goes to Injection Relay (1047) and from this sends power to the ECU ..
And which one is The injector locking relay ( 238)

P.S. NO week has been sh1te

Trying find a wiring fault on a Beemer that mechanics have played with before, and not easy without a proper wiring diagram ..
( And you thought you had problems, I have the loom out here )
I know what it is,,,, an effing non runner LOL
778 to 236 have these wires been checked -( THERE IS ONE WIRE THAT GOES TO 778, AND IT HAS POWER GOING TO IT WHEN IGNITION IS ON. ONLY WHEN ON. THIS WIRE IS BROWN )
I have only had a quick look, but the Yellow wire coming from fuel pump relay ( 236 ) IS a power supply to the ecu ,---( I HAVE CHECKED AND IT HAS POWER. I WILL CHECK TOMORROW IF IT HAS POWER AT 120)
And which one is The injector locking relay ( 238) -- I HAVE FOUND IT, IT SITS NEXT TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY, ON A. (SEE ATTACHED PIC) IT HAS A FUSE AND ITS A 25A. I HAVE CHECKED ALL WIRES, THERE IS RESISTANCE BETWEEN 1 AND 2 RED AND WHITE WIRES, THE PINK WIRE HAS 12V AND THE RED ON PIN 3 ALSO HAS 12V I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE ECU (120) AND SEE IF THERE IS POWER TO THEM TOMORROW, I THOUGHT THE POWER COME FROM THE ECU (120)

You know someone has messed. BUT what have they bypassed; as wires have been joined on the ECU plug. --- I HAVE LOOKED AT THE WIRE THAT WAS JOINED AT THE ECU 120. IT WAS BY THE LOOKS OF THING THAT THE WIRE WAS EXTENDED, WITH A BLUE WIRE, BUT ON THE SAME WIRE FROM THE ECU, FROM GREEN WIRE TO GREEN, WITH BLUE IN BETWEEN, A BRIDGE. MAYBE WIRE WAS CUT, AND WAS TO SORT TO JOIN SO THEY ADDED A PIECE ON , SEE PIC 2

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
ust had a quick look at the diagram. Only two power supplies going to the ECU, (Yellow and red wires) and working when they should
Have these been checked?

778 to 236 have these wires been checked -( THERE IS ONE WIRE THAT GOES TO 778, AND IT HAS POWER GOING TO IT WHEN IGNITION IS ON. ONLY WHEN ON. THIS WIRE IS BROWN )
I have only had a quick look, but the Yellow wire coming from fuel pump relay ( 236 ) IS a power supply to the ecu ,---( I HAVE CHECKED AND IT HAS POWER. I WILL CHECK TOMORROW IF IT HAS POWER AT 120)
And which one is The injector locking relay ( 238) -- I HAVE FOUND IT, IT SITS NEXT TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY, ON A. (SEE ATTACHED PIC) IT HAS A FUSE AND ITS A 25A. I HAVE CHECKED ALL WIRES, THERE IS RESISTANCE BETWEEN 1 AND 2 RED AND WHITE WIRES, THE PINK WIRE HAS 12V AND THE RED ON PIN 3 ALSO HAS 12V I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE ECU (120) AND SEE IF THERE IS POWER TO THEM TOMORROW, I THOUGHT THE POWER COME FROM THE ECU (120)

You know someone has messed. BUT what have they bypassed; as wires have been joined on the ECU plug. --- I HAVE LOOKED AT THE WIRE THAT WAS JOINED AT THE ECU 120. IT WAS BY THE LOOKS OF THING THAT THE WIRE WAS EXTENDED, WITH A BLUE WIRE, BUT ON THE SAME WIRE FROM THE ECU, FROM GREEN WIRE TO GREEN, WITH BLUE IN BETWEEN, A BRIDGE. MAYBE WIRE WAS CUT, AND WAS TO SORT TO JOIN SO THEY ADDED A PIECE ON , SEE PIC 2
Have these been checked?

I have only had a quick look, but the Yellow wire coming from fuel pump relay ( 236 ) IS a power supply to the ecu ,---( I HAVE CHECKED AND IT HAS POWER. I WILL CHECK TOMORROW IF IT HAS POWER AT 120) I have checked there is power to 120
And which one is The injector locking relay ( 238) -- I HAVE FOUND IT, IT SITS NEXT TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY, ON A. (SEE ATTACHED PIC) IT HAS A FUSE AND ITS A 25A. I HAVE CHECKED ALL WIRES, THERE IS RESISTANCE BETWEEN 1 AND 2 RED AND WHITE WIRES, THE PINK WIRE HAS 12V AND THE RED ON PIN 3 ALSO HAS 12V I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE ECU (120) THERE IS POWER TO(120)

Have these been checked? YES THEY HAVE BEEN CHECKED. AND THERE IS POWER

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I had a chat with a Auto electrician, he does diagnostics with the Renault Clip, and I told him all that you told me to check, and he could not think of anything that we may have missed, He says that I need a Diagnostic check with a Renault Clip, that it goes deeper into the ECU and can find faults that the delphi scan can not. He says that maybe a command has been lost, and he can find it and correct it. Do you think this is good advice or not ?

·
41,059 Posts
A lot comes down to cost here Ian.
How much for the diagnostic scan
As opposed to buying a Clip yourself

Though I use Delphi and Renault-com . Plus other tools ( My Achilles heel, love diagnostic tools)
Any time I have an issue Clip comes out ( Not needed on every Renault, but nice to have it when faced with something like your issues )

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
A lot comes down to cost here Ian.
How much for the diagnostic scan
As opposed to buying a Clip yourself

Though I use Delphi and Renault-com . Plus other tools ( My Achilles heel, love diagnostic tools)
Any time I have an issue Clip comes out ( Not needed on every Renault, but nice to have it when faced with something like your issues )
Hi Hope you still well

I have looked around here for a Renault Can Clip but they are very expensive.

I found a Guy near me that says he can scan like the Can Clip. He uses a Autel Maxicom. Do you know if he will be able to see anything with this device
Thanks Ian

181 - 200 of 248 Posts