Independent Renault Forums banner

101 - 120 of 204 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,571 Posts
Whats the blue thing in the corner of your under bonnet fuse box..
You are showing 10 volts , is this because the battery flat, or ????

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Yes The Battery has gone flat, never have a chance to charge it full. The Blue thing in the Pic of the fuse box is a Wire Plug, the same as on Scenic ECU. Has an arm that locks into place, both Sides have Wires on them, I thought that was meant to be.
So you do not think its the UCH that not linked to ECU ?

·
40,571 Posts
Stop jumping the gun, and think about whats up..
You have no eml. but you know it works so you have a circuit, but your missing something
Even if the disc is wrong as to regards layout, see if you can work out how the relays/fuses should fit ..

Get a better picture of this plug for us too see.
You will find if you look at the disc, a layout of all the R plugs.
You are after R212 plug ..
AND its location in your car ( Its by the under bonnet fuse box )..
Start there ..

·
40,571 Posts
Someone has not played with the disc YOU need to play to understand it..
Otherwise you will send yourself around daft tracing wires that are not helping you

Download Opera web browser,
YES its a Sh1te browser but only one that works well with the disc..
Make sure you have Adobe PDF reader installed.

Open the web document in Opera ( Open with )
Click the GB flag, Click the Codes scroll down the list..
Find the R number you are after..
Click it, look on the screen, one of these 3 icons looks like a car Click it ..
This will show you where the plug is located on the car ..

·
40,571 Posts
You are after power at the coil pack on C of the wiring plug going to the coil pack with ignition on..
You need to find the fuel pump relay, this powers the coil pack
Because you cannot for sure say which one is the fuel pump relay, (THIS is your problem) you will need BEFORE anything else find this relay..
One way , disconnect fuel pipe from the rail, drop it into a large container, with ignition on, remove relays. ONLY one will make the fuel pump work, BUT put each one back in, before moving onto the next relay..
Once you have found it, you should be able to work out what wire to check..
Cannot help much more than that, as just popped home for a brew

But go on that and see how you go on ( CHECK that R plug , one probe one side, one probe the other side of the plug; make sure, with battery off you have a connection/circuit on both sides of the plug, USING ohms on your meter )

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Hi, I found the Fuel Pump Relay, had to be the the last one.

There was continuity on all three wires from the Coil Module to Fuel Relay . I put the Relay back in and connected Battery on again and got a reading on all three wires to the Coil Module.

I have also Checked continuity from Fuel Relay(Yellow Wire ) to pin of R212 the Blue Plug and there is continuity

·
40,571 Posts
Where are you now Ian

You have worked out that your relay is ok..
So you should have power at the coil pack now..
Is that correct,
Can you tape/attach two fine sewing needles or the like to your meter probes
You only want about half an inch sticking past the tip of the probe
You will need these to test from ECU to different parts of the wiring ..

WARNING here, you need to be careful prodding the ecu female connectors inside the plug , and the sensor connectors , ITS very easy to open these up.
BUT its safer than breaking into the wiring loom and giving an opportunity of water/damp getting inside and screwing the wire up..

Will put you some info on later.. Not had food yet , (tucking cars keep breaking down, )

·
40,571 Posts
You should have info in front of you now.. Always start from ( 120 ) of the codes...
Remember its a k7m/k7j engine
All numbers in brackets are Codes

You have a power supply from the fuse box going to (120 ) on Pin number 30 of the ecu plug
Now its either a power supply from ( 597 ) or ( 1016 )
Check this first,, see if you can work out which is the source of the power

So its DISCONNECT the ECU plug, find pin 30, then with your metre on volts, black probe on negative terminal of the battery. Red probe on num 30 of the plug, ( You are also hoping here that the power supply is working )
THIS test is to find out, out of the two possible diagrams for your car which one you need to use

JUST take on board here, if you have a broken wire from the power supply to the ECU then this wont work..
Also remember ( 1016 ) Will tell you position of the fuse, but because your ( 597 ) has been messed with, you will also have to work out which fuse it could/should be

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
There is a 10A fuse that supplies power to ECU plug, find pin 30, If I pull that fuse out it cuts the Power, so fuse is good, I check power at pin 30 and there was power over 12A

Fuse board 597- 3
No. Amps Connection Description
F1 60A BP13 Fuse:
ignition switch (104) - stalk (209) - running light relay (1034)
F2 60A BP11 Fuse: stalk (209) - passenger compartment fuse box (1016) I HAVE CHECKED THE POWER ON THIS FUSE There are only Two 60A fuses its above 12V

·
40,571 Posts
THIS test is to find out, out of the two possible diagrams for your car which one you need to use

Give us a clue WHICH diagram are you using

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hi Good morning.

This is a little over my head, not sure which of the two it will be, I have worked out which Fuse box in the engine to use. But it for both The K7J - K7M. I not sure which one out of these two it is. The Wire Diagrams I do not understand.
(There is a 10A fuse that supplies power to ECU plug, find pin 30) In the Fuse Diagram The 10A should be a 5A. Not sure If that's the Problem ?

·
40,571 Posts
OK, ( tart you LOL)
Which fuse powers PIN 30, is it from the interior fuse box, ( 1016) or exterior fuse box ( 597 )
Thats what you are after..
If its Interior, fuse box try the first Injection diagram for the K7M/K7J
If its not on that diagram, scroll down to the next diagram that lists k7m/k7j see if its that one..
Now from that you can see what the Pins you have mentioned ( Originally ) go to..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
Hah HaH i think I must be a Tart LOL.

The PIN 30 is The Power that goes to the ECU, The Power comes from the Engine Bay Fuse Box(597) and it a Size 10A fuse and its meant to be a 5 A according to the diagram. Could this be why the previous ECU have gone and the Present one?

Please see Pic attached
I Have looked at the Harness that goes into ECU.The Purple wire has been cut into, its been taped over. It goes to Pin 32
. And the Green Wire that goes to pin 57 has been cut and a Blue wire added on to each side. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I think these wires may be the one going to the Coil Pack ????

101 - 120 of 204 Posts