Independent Renault Forums banner

121 - 140 of 204 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,571 Posts
Nope highly unlikely .. Just looks like someone has been in, (messing with all the fusebox layout, and got fuses mixed up )
What are those other two pins/wires for ( Joined/bypassed) did you work this out..
Have you sussed what Diagram covers your car yet

·
40,571 Posts
OOPS my reply has now shown

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
You Asked me to check Pin 31, so I pulled out Fuses to see where the power comes from. I found out that it was the 10A. I then checked on the Engine Bay Fuse Box(597) Diagram and I could not find a 10 amp on the Fuse box Diagram, It was next to a 25 A and it has 4 slot for fuses (Fuse board 1047) But should be a 5 A according to (1047) fuse board

(Have you sussed what Diagram covers your car yet) I am not sure, what Diagram are you talking about, the Fuse Diagram yes but not the Wire Diagram

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
You Asked me to check Pin 31, so I pulled out Fuses to see where the power comes from. I found out that it was the 10A. I then checked on the Engine Bay Fuse Box(597) Diagram and I could not find a 10 amp on the Fuse box Diagram, It was next to a 25 A and it has 4 slot for fuses (Fuse board 1047) But should be a 5 A according to (1047) fuse board

(Have you sussed what Diagram covers your car yet) I am not sure, what Diagram are you talking about, the Fuse Diagram yes but not the Wire Diagram

·
40,571 Posts
last disc covers your car
Click on (120)
Click on wiring icon, scroll down to injection, find your engine code, click open, is the fuse to pin 30 the one you have found, if not click on the next one down showing your fuse to pin 30.
thats the wiring diagram you need to use ..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Hi Good morning, thanks so much for your explanation of the disc, I did not know about the clicking process

making a little more sense not so much of a tart anymore.

I checked Pin 30 and it must be a 5A

i

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
I have found the wire pin for the EML,number 34,
from diagram, will check later.
Is the No B4/ NoB4 on line R212 From pin 34 to EML (247), the UCH (645). B4 is the 20C Electric central door locking opening + control. Is this line opened and closed with the central locking on the Key ? I can not open or close with Central Locking

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Hi Stuart

I have checked a few things today

1/ I have found the wire pin for the EML,number 34,from diagram,I have checked from ECU and there is power.

2/ I have Checked the Wire that was open and taped in last Pic, Its Pin 32 and I have checked and there is power, This wire goes to the coil Pack. There is Continuity between the two points, Pin 32 and Coil pack . I have checked Pin 1 that also goes to the coil pack and only when I crank the motor does this Pin 1 show a current.There is Continuity between the two points, Pin 1 and Coil Pack.
The Strange thing is that I get Continuity even if I Have Pin 1 on Negative pole and Move the Positive to the other purple wire.(Continuity between two different wires ?) I then tried that on Pin 34 and the same.

The Other Wire that Was linked with a Blue wire from Green to green was Pin 58 and there is power to it.

I have Checked B4/B4 Wire that's on the Diagram on line R212 Not sure is that is the UCH (645). If it is, I check B4 wire coming out to see if there is current and there is. I think this wire goes to the EML

·
40,571 Posts
Ok then

As you have done some tests
34 is EML light Yes
58 > 645 > Where about though does it go then > H17 > B36 H17 Software lock > Diesel > petrol injection code signal ??????????????
BUT
Lets make sure we are both on the same diagram
Injection, 8TH line down = Power steering fitted to your car
Are you on that ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Ok then

As you have done some tests
34 is EML light Yes
58 > 645 > Where about though does it go then > H17 > B36 H17 Software lock > Diesel > petrol injection code signal ??????????????
BUT
Lets make sure we are both on the same diagram
Injection, 8TH line down = Power steering fitted to your car
Are you on that ?
Are you on that ? Yes

·
40,571 Posts
IF , THE car was a runner, then UCH being changed would make no difference..
As someone must have virginised ECU to work with the UCH..
You are hoping here someone has not deleted the EML/trouble code line out of the ECU ..
Yep it does happen..

Have you now checked the wiring back from ( 778 ) To the ecu
A > 32 on ( 120 )

B > 1 on ( 120 )

Using Ohms on your meter

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I Have on Ohms

A > 32 on ( 120 ) Yes

B > 1 on ( 120 ) Yes

I got the Wires crossed and I still got an Ohms reading, Which i thought was strange ?
I Had the Negative pole to the 32 Pin by the ECU, and It did not matter which of the two wire by 778 The two Purple wires you got an OHMS reading

·
40,571 Posts
Without Re-flashing a new file onto the ECU you cannot

check the wires from A, and B first Ian, see what you get..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
Hi Good morning

I have Check again and I still get Continuity across the wires with the plug out of the ECU (120) . I have taken the Plug off of 778 then there is no continuity between the wires.

Am I meant to get continuity between the two pin on 778 A and B

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I done a Ohms reading On all Spark Plug Cables and got an ohms reading of 1.5
To check for a break in the secondary winding of the ignition coil, I contented tester probes to paired high-voltage leads of the coil (conclusions of 1–4 or 2–3 cylinders).
On 1-4 I got an Ohms reading of 7.95 ohms and on 2-4 I got nothing, please see pic

Attachments

121 - 140 of 204 Posts