·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,571 Posts
read what I put about the engine

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
The Only thing that I see is the (Measure the primary and secondary resistance of the coil for cylinders 2 and 3. Replace the coil if the primary resistance is not 0.5 ± 0.02 or the secondary resistance is not 11,000 ± 1650.)

There is no Reading on the Test I did.

On Coil For Cylinder 1-4 (Measure the primary and secondary resistance of the coil for cylinders 1 and 4. Replace the coil if the primary resistance is not 0.5 ± 0.02 or the secondary resistance is not 11,000 ± 1650.)
I only got 7.95

On another web site I got the following
To check for a break in the secondary winding of the ignition coil, we connect the tester probes to paired high-voltage leads of the coil (conclusions of 1–4 or 2–3 cylinders)
At a working ignition coil, the tester should fix a resistance of about 7.0 kOhm.
When the secondary winding breaks, the tester will show “infinity”.

·
40,571 Posts
Ian, go on the info I have sent you
THAT will be correct..

Read all of it, not just parts that you think are relevant ..
Lots of hidden info if you read through it

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I hope you are all well

I have had the coil Pack checked and the Auto tec said that it was fried. I got a new one, and still no start , But I HAVE 3 CODES

DF514 - FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
- PERMANENT
- + AFTER RELAY FEED FAULT

AND THEN THE OLD TWO
DF362 - INGNITION COIL 2 3
- INTERMITTENT
- SHORT CIRCUIT OR OPEN CIRCUIT
DF361 - INGNITION COIL 1 4
- INTERMITTENT
- SHORT CIRCUIT OR OPEN CIRCUIT

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Hi Good afternoon
Can anyone help. Please
I have now checked power and continuity to the following pins from the Fuel pump Relay to ECU (120)
39, 30, 29, 68 and I get readings from all of them.

Pin 34 is the wire to EML (OBD) so the Diagram says, With the ECU (120) connection disconnected I get a 12v reading. Does the ECU (120) send a signal back to the EML so the Light comes on or goes off, when its done its check, which pin would send a signal back to light ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I found this post Terry had the same problem as I do with the eml not illiminate, he managed to fix it. He has a Megane 1.6 1998 , the pin number do not sound the same, My pin 32 goes to 778

"I own a Renault megane coupe 1600e sport r reg 1998

Hi all

Well Chuffed i have also rescued my renault from a grim death my fault was intermitent thou,sometimes my eml would illuminate upon engaging egnition and would flash on and off,i could hear the fuelpump trying to prime and some times the engine would fire but no start i decided to check pin 32 on ecu again red wire,sure enough i had 12 volt`s ignition off,started checking wires with ignition turned on and my engine relay clicked so i decided to check ecu pin 32 with ignition off again and only had 2 volts so i traced the pin 32 wire to my relay box on n/s/f wing near relay,i decided to run a cable from the red wire connected into the box with the relay to the ecu pin 32 sure enough my eml illuminated and engine started,again main ecu power wire broken,

thanks for everyones help:d

Terry "

·
40,571 Posts
DF514 - FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
  • PERMANENT
  • + AFTER RELAY FEED FAULT
Ian , THIS is what you need to sort out..
Something wrong To or from there,,, that the diagnostics is not happy with
UNTIL you have sorted these faults out you wont get any further ..

Relay control ( What switches it off and on ) After relay feed, so think of a light switch as your relay control
YOU turn the key, and this powers the relay, your first switch. IS this working correctly..

Now inside your relay once powered two pieces of metal touch ( Again its basically a switch ) allowing power to the After relay feed..
Solve the First part of the fault out, see if it cures second part

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Hi Serser69 I have tried that now, still no start.

Stuart. I have now checked pin 32 from ECU(120) to Fuel relay, I have continuity, Then from the Relay to the Harness (R212) I have Continuity they on the other side of (R212) I have Continuity, then to Passenger fuse box, fuse 2(5A) It was fused I changed it still no start, then from Fuse 2 to Key Barrel immobilizer thing, there is continuity. Not sure what Else I need to check?

Well looking where the yellow wire comes from I notice these wire that look like the burnt off, I think its the fog lights, not sure if that would be my problem ? Please see pic

Attachments

·
40,571 Posts
Ian
Put the disc number on your signature.
No idea what Disc you have/using now..
( I delete the torrents once uploaded )

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Hi Stuart

I will check Email.

There is a Yellow Wire coming from Fuel pump relay, and there is a reading on the wire, there is also a brown wire, no current reading ? I also tried with ignition on ?

·
40,571 Posts
There wont be one.
The disc/wiring diagram you are using.
Whats the Number of it. N then some thing follows this

141 - 160 of 204 Posts