Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault Mégane 2 (2007,1.4L petrol) and recently it's been acting up.

When I stop the car it will sometimes display a 'check injection' warning. When this happens the engine will rev (approx 2500rpm) without acceleration. If I put it into gear it will drive. Once the car is turned off and back on the problem disappears.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
This could be any sensor playing silly..
Throttle body dirty, though normally causes stall issues..
Lambda going out, and ECU telling injectors to open more...
Accelerator pedal, the plug at the top, might need cleaning.
Cannister purge valve playing silly..
This is one of those that really does need a diagnostics on it AS ITS happening ,..
No use doing a diagnostic on it once engine has been switched off..
The diagnostics needs connecting, the car driven until the fault appears, and then read the Codes, thats the only safe way of getting to the real fault code ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This could be any sensor playing silly..
Throttle body dirty, though normally causes stall issues..
Lambda going out, and ECU telling injectors to open more...
Accelerator pedal, the plug at the top, might need cleaning.
Cannister purge valve playing silly..
This is one of those that really does need a diagnostics on it AS ITS happening ,..
No use doing a diagnostic on it once engine has been switched off..
The diagnostics needs connecting, the car driven until the fault appears, and then read the Codes, thats the only safe way of getting to the real fault code ..
I am going to pick up a code reader and see what help that can be. Thanks a million for your reply, I will update this thread once the reader arrives ***x1f642;

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
it will just add as ours2012 has covered most of it, the message check injection is SO misleading - it should really say General engine fault or electrical sensor fault, people fixate it the injection ecu etc, and all it means is the ecu has been sent a reading from a sensor outside of its normal values, which could mean a duff sensor, a dirty sensor, broken or shorted wire or if the unit on the end of wiring has failed - i.e a jammed EGR valve - these are all examples that will pop up the SAME message on dashboard and why you need a scan done to pinpoint fault.

as ours said if the fault isnt always there, the ecu resets itself once engine turned off and clears temporary faults, so you wont get a fault if scanned once restarted - get fault and leave engine running, the engine can be running when scanned and even if fault has stopped as long as you did NOT turn ignition off - scan and read for fault.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I am going to pick up a code reader and see what help that can be. Thanks a million for your reply, I will update this thread once the reader arrives ***x1f642;
most generic cheap ebay reader like elm327 and bluetooth unit will work with limited success. i.e engines ecu only and generic P0xxxx codes

I have a dedicated icarsoft907 (renault) £99 eBay
a delphi ds150e clone - untested on my renault
a renault.com dongle - a dec superscan3 clone - used once and was near on impossible to set up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued interest. I bought a code reader from Amazon today and it will arrive early next week. Thanks for the note on leaving the car running with the error, I would never have thought of that, you saved me hours of frustration.

Today someone told me they had that exact same problem and they just changed the fuel filter and it was grand. I am sceptical as their car was a diesel and I don't think this would be the fix for my petrol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to add to the above point, although I don't believe changing the fuel filter can help my car. His symptoms were EXACTLY the same. Is it potentially an avenue worth investigating?

·
37,733 Posts
Would not bother at this point Sean, would wait for your Code reader..
Especially if your fuel filter is inside the fuel tank..

You could be wasting hours, changing parts, and spending money thats not needed..
Its always on this read code, save codes ( write them down,you wont remember them,, ) FIND out what the code really means , and go from there..

Yours should be the first code showing, but check, and if not sure, ask, BEFORE you spend money, as some codes are red herrings..

To make life easy..
CLEAR all codes . take for a run with the machine connected, face down, so you cannot see the screen, allow fault to come back, pull over when safe..
have a read of the faults, save them, clear them, drive back home, the codes will now come back, on the way home..
If they dont, dont panic, as you have got the codes saved..
These are the faults you are after,, ..
Will save you hours chasing your tail

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would not bother at this point Sean, would wait for your Code reader..
Especially if your fuel filter is inside the fuel tank..

You could be wasting hours, changing parts, and spending money thats not needed..
Its always on this read code, save codes ( write them down,you wont remember them,, ) FIND out what the code really means , and go from there..

Yours should be the first code showing, but check, and if not sure, ask, BEFORE you spend money, as some codes are red herrings..

To make life easy..
CLEAR all codes . take for a run with the machine connected, face down, so you cannot see the screen, allow fault to come back, pull over when safe..
have a read of the faults, save them, clear them, drive back home, the codes will now come back, on the way home..
If they dont, dont panic, as you have got the codes saved..
These are the faults you are after,, ..
Will save you hours chasing your tail
You're 100% right there that's definitely the way to tackle it. On the money there, I will hold off for the moment!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my code reader arrived and I followed your directions. The codes I received were p2101 and p0606. I have found the meaning of these codes but they may as well be in a different language. Any suggestions on my next move?

·
37,733 Posts
Ignore computer fault P0606 At this time
You have an issue with your throttle body, or throttle body wiring..
2101 Motorised throttle control circuit

Are these the only faults that have shown up..?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ignore computer fault P0606 At this time
You have an issue with your throttle body, or throttle body wiring..
2101 Motorised throttle control circuit

Are these the only faults that have shown up..?
I'll ignore p0606 for the moment. Yes these are the only two codes that show up.

·
37,733 Posts
Post your oval plate Sean, lets get correct info/wiring diagrams up, and see what wires need checking, before we have to condemn the throttle body ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Post your oval plate Sean, lets get correct info/wiring diagrams up, and see what wires need checking, before we have to condemn the throttle body ..
Hi sorry I was out of the country for a few days and just getting back into that car again today. I don't know if the attachment will work but I think I'm attaching a pic of the oval plate.

·
37,733 Posts
Ok Sean got that, not sure if I am about tomorrow, but will look Saturday..
If you have had no reply by 4 ish,
Just bump the thread and will then remember

I have removed your picture as your VIN was shown ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok Sean got that, not sure if I am about tomorrow, but will look Saturday..
If you have had no reply by 4 ish,
Just bump the thread and will then remember

I have removed your picture as your VIN was shown ..
Hey, if you get a chance could you please have a look ***x1f642; don't worry if youre busy!

·
37,733 Posts
:wink2: M3 = 3
M4 = 5
G3 = 1
ecu = = Throttle Body .
G2 = 2
D3 = 4
G4 = 6

The multiplugs on the ECU have letters/numbers on them The throttle body has numbers only

Just in case it does not come through making any sense Sean in a text file, can be opened in note

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts