Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,855 Posts
Glow plug you have changed, so only way to know if you have any power getting in there, is buying ignition spark tester, test the wires can 1 bad connection.
Or take to the garage they can test it www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S6C94VA/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_Y2RWEDT4HFBE5WPZ17JY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
What?
This is a diesel, glow plugs can be checked with a multimeter
Whether they are getting power can be checked with a multimeter or better yet, a simple test lamp
You don't need a spark tester or have any use for one.

@JusTNaG
The code usually suggests failed glow plugs but could also be the control relay/module.
When you swapped the plugs, did you check them?
Were the new ones exactly the same?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm not a mechanic so I used an app to order the new glow plugs. I just had to put in my car info. I did not checked them and by the looks of it it was the same. Also the problem is the same... So basically I did nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!!

I'm own a Renault Mégane III 1.5 DCI 110 HP. My problem is, the car won't start or start very hard in cold weather.

I changed my glow plugs yesterday because I thought that was the problem but no. The car did the same thing the next morning.

If the car starts and while I drive there is no problem with it, or if I stop the engine after a drive it starts up instantly.

The car is from 2011, it has 275k Km.
So my question is what is the cause, if anybody has any idea it would be apreciated.
Here is two video:
Old glow plugs: Old glow plugs
The next morning start:

Thank you for the answers in advance.
Hi friend vitu here from Africa, i had same problem with scenic 1.9 dci where by no machanic could trance problem, but at last they was another local machanic who worked magic i blv this ll work. The only thing u have to do is on the comon rail they is size 17 bolt, if you financial stable you can change the whole common rail or only the bolt which ia at the other end
Bicycle part Font Jewellery Metal Auto part

·
22,855 Posts
I have the same 1.5dci Engine, learnt something from this INFO, I need to change small O rings in the return injector fitting, and new return pipes..... Thanks to all.
If it ain't broke...don't fix it!!!
The O rings can cause a problem but swapping them may also cause one.

Hi friend vitu here from Africa, i had same problem with scenic 1.9 dci where by no machanic could trance problem, but at last they was another local machanic who worked magic i blv this ll work. The only thing u have to do is on the comon rail they is size 17 bolt, if you financial stable you can change the whole common rail or only the bolt which ia at the other end
That "bolt" is the pressure relief valve.
And is a different system to the 1.5DCi
So I doubt will help @JusTNaG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you very much. Since I know that there is no other OBD error code only the P0670 I try to follow that route and fix that. Since I have and hopefully that resolve the problem. How i'm gonna fix is unkown probaly I take it to a mechanic.

·
22,855 Posts
Thank you very much. Since I know that there is no other OBD error code only the P0670 I try to follow that route and fix that. Since I have and hopefully that resolve the problem. How i'm gonna fix is unkown probaly I take it to a mechanic.
See what you can do to prove if glow plug system is working when expected.
And if the glows you swapped in were the right ones, especially voltage.

To check if they are coming on when starting, ie if the relay/module is working, A simple 12v test lamp is best, meters can get confused with the variable voltage system that Renault use

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,184 Posts
depending what scanner you are using, if its just obd, hen you could need a better scanner to be sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally, got my 1.5dci started... Injectors leak off test all good. My Good scanner ( CRP 129 ) gives all data INFO,
Parameters... Now, the problem, I have, is the Engine won't rev past 3000 RPM. Will check all hoses going to and after the Turbo. Anybody has any suggestions. Been reading up on I/Net, I know I have to do a lot of other checks.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,184 Posts
Will it show MAP , get on the map readings, and see if the sensor is reacting to your pedal,
DONT condemn at this moment. Now clear faults, see If map is now working as it should
All good, then look for turbo geometry sticking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, will do. I also did check the Turbo Boost Pressure, working great. Next step, hose goes to a Valve on the Turbo. Will check for the Rod movement on the Turbo, to see if the small vanes are operating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning. I've got the same problem on my Megane Coupe 1.5dci: it takes 2 / 3 times to start if it's too cold outside. Usually early mornings / late evenings during winter but in the summer no problems at all. Once it starts runs fine and starts straight away if I switch it off.
Connected a cheap Amazon OBD2 scanner and only code is P0380 (Glow Plug / Heater Circuit A), which I believe is a generic code. I tried to replace glow plugs by myself but I'm afraid of snapping them so I gave up. It's not a battery problem because I bought it last January thinking it would solve this problem but it didn't.
I'll keep an eye on this threat, I can see I'm not the only one with this issue.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts