Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've a 06 Renautt Master 2.5cdi and whilst having a wee check around the engine noticed something odd. When the engine is started and is idling, there's a faint chuffing noise comming from the 2 rhs injectors. When started cold you can see a small bit of exhaust smoke escaping from around these injectors. Other than that she runs sweet. I'd be inclined to leave it be but now that I know its happening its niggling me to get it sorted.
Would it be possible that maybe tightening the injector clamps might cure this. I'd be assuming that these bolts would have to be torqued correctly. Would anyone know what the torque setting is as it'd be just my luck to overdo it and strip threads.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
There is probably a domed copper washer on the bottom of them which needs changing (pennies each), but i'd try and tighten the bolts a bit (don't go silly!) just incase they have worked loose

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Even if tightening the injector bolts stops them blowing the fire-wall washers will still have been damaged or carbonised. When this occurs there is a risk of injector damage.
I suggest you have the injetcors removed and the washers replaced. It could save you a lot of money in the long run as replacement injectors ain't cheap.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suppose i could nip em up a little and see. If not are the injectors difficult to get out.I presume the copper seal is at the base of the injector before it enters the cylinder head. Are the injectors screwed in or held in by the clamps?

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts