Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,602 Posts
Doubtful, only experience I have had with these type of T bar tools is that the drive bar breaks out of the the handle on using any force.

Take the big "L" shaped pipe off the air filter box, spray the easy-start in there.

·
Premium Member
15,602 Posts
Hopefully after starting with easy-start it will open things up and it will start by just normal key operation.
It really is a two person job, one sitting in the drivers seat operating the ignition key and another in front of the engine spraying easy-start, when it has fired open the throttle easy and rev up, not ridiculously but gently. If it is dying give repeated sprays of easy start to keep it running and hope for the best.

When starting let it run through two heater plug cycles to really warm the engine before fully cranking to actually start.
So turn key, wait for lights to show heater plugs have gone out, turn off ignition, Repeat and after heater plug lights have gone out turn to start position and crank engine, as soon as engine is cranking spray easy start into the air filter box. It should fire almost immediately. If it does not keep running by itself keep spraying till it does.

·
Premium Member
15,602 Posts
For removing the Glow plugs you will require some deep sockets, something like this,

Depending on the size of your glow plugs.

Normal deep drive sockets will do, best to give them a spray of penetrating oil and leave for a day or more before attempting to unscrew them.
Make sure that the socket that you use fits properly as rounding off the glow plugs will be expensive!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry for the late reply. I finally found a mechanic who came here and connected the UDS, he checked the fuses and the battery and told me the key is the problem. Is there any way to verify this, because a new key is very expensive, about 3-4 days of work by 12 hours.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts