Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I have a 2003 Renault Master 100dci

Yesterday I had the cambelt and waterpump replaced at a local garage.

When driving it away it felt underpowered and sounded noisier than usual, wouldnt rev over 3000 rpm.

I pulled over and noticed a intercooler pipe on the left was off, I re attached it, did the jubillee clip up, started it up, then it came off again and was a bang and misfire. I put it on again tightened it up better and all seemed ok, running normally.

However this morning looked under the bonnet and was some oily creamy coloured liquid in splashes over the engine bay and seems to be leaking out of the intercooler pipe, Ive checked the engine oil filler cap no signs of any oil mixed with water there, its not overheating or losing power,

Does anyone know what this might be? thinking head gasket but all the signs seem okay for that? does oil usually blow through the intercooler system?

Seems a bit coincidental all this happening when ive just had the cam belt and water pump done

thanks in advance, sorry about the essay

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Definately sounds too much of a coincidence,why didn't you take it straight back to them when the pipe blew off the first time?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.