Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help- renault master ambulance suspension...

Hi we have a Renault Master Ambulance with a GLIDE RITE suspension system- which has broken. Is there anyway to disable the suspension so that once the vehicle is up, it stays up?
can anyone recommend a garage in east london that might be able to help?
thanks!
Ruth

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Re: please help- renault master ambulance suspension...

Hello Ruth,

are you in the Red Cross by any chance. I am a member of Red Cross Margate Branch. Anyway we have Renault master ambulances and I will try and find out some info for you. Is it to do with the conversion of the ambulance.

Harry.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Re: please help- renault master ambulance suspension...

Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If it's a recent Master then it wouldn't be difficult to put the rear suspension back to standard using second hand parts,I guess they use the original rear axle so it would be just a case of replacing the shocks and springs and it would be back to standard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
renault master ambulance rear suspension

my renault master ambulance rear suspension lowers itself overnight and is a pain when i have to wait for the pump to re inflate the suspension before i can drive it away
could anyone please help as the pump at this time of year is reducing the efficiency of my new battery
many thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Re: renault master ambulance rear suspension

It sounds as though there is a leak in the system somewhere,if you can get under the van and throw some water with washing up liquid in it over the airbags and connections it should show up where the air is escaping from.From there you can then decide what repair is needed.I guess that the bags themselves are usually the common fault,but it could just be a connection that isn't sealing properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
renault master air suspension

Hi Guys, need some help with my 2002 renault master ambulance.The air suspension bag on rear of side has a leak in it.Need to replace it but the price is making my eyes water £355.00 for the bag only.Any one know of a cheaper fix?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Re: renault master air suspension

post up a pic of the bag i know a source or even better the part number probably starts with pnp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: renault master ambulance rear suspension

many thanks
i will have a look underneath the van as soon as the snow melts
all the best
magician

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts

Hi sorry do not recognise the bag are these full lift or just helper springs not clear from pic

does it lower at the back using a button ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi, it does lower at the back using a button. According to Renault, they are Genuine Bags usually fitted to ambulance's.There is also a leaf spring fitted.It used to have a ramp fitted but I have removed that and re-instated the back slam pannel and bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts

Hi sounds like it will be dunlop bags get me the part number it will most likely be pnp then about 6 numbers and i will ask my source

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi agian and thanks. It is a Dunlop bag. The only numbers I can find on it are, 7700314153 or E316800035. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renault Master 2004 Air Suspension Problem

Hi,

Ok, so this is my first post, and I am hoping that someone can help urgently with a question!

We have a 2004 Master (Ambulance) in service with the NHS ect. Today the suspension just dropped and has not come back up on release of the handbrake or pressing the button on the dash.

Our fleet guys have tried everything, assertained that the compressor is fine, and the air bags hae no leaks. Pipes seem to be ok, but with the cold weather its hard to tell....

The red suspension light is on the dash, and the orange light is on the switch.

Spoke to main dealer, they are not interested in helping, or offering any advice to us, which I find a little odd. Thursday is the earliest we can have our auto electrical guys look at it. I was told that their might be a manual air valve in the engine bay, which I have just looked for - and nothing is there that I can see.....

Question One:

Is there a way to over-ride the system to get the suspension back up level?

Question Two:

Any ideas on how to fix it, or is there someone in East Anglia that would be able to do this for us (Cost is irrelevent - bills will be paid)

This is an operational ambulance with a private company that works full time for NHS, and is a childrens ambulance, so extreamly urgent to have it back up and running!

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice? I'm thinking of buying a Renault Master and converting it into a camper.

The price is £2000 for a 2001 model with 140,000 miles on the clock which seems reasonable because it is already part converted (platform for bed, insulation + leisure battery included) however the van has a problem with the rear air suspension.

It takes around 5 minutes to pump up after you switch the engine on which obviously is a bit of a pain. Does this sound like it could be due to a leak in the bag or something else?

Could anyone offer any advice on what the problem may be and also on the potential cost to fix because I need to factor that into the price of the van!

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts

I've merged your post with some previous threads on the same subject,if you read back through them you may find some useful info although there is no reports of a positive fix.We are beginning to see a few enquiries about these vans as they are sold off by local ambulance organisations but help outside of the companies that build and maintain them is difficult to come accross.It might be worth contacting your local ambulance service centre and seeing if they can help,if your in the Dorset area I might be able to put you in contact with someone who could help you out locally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Renault Master 2004 Air Suspension Problem

Hi,

We have a 2004 Master (Ambulance) in service with the NHS ect. Today the suspension just dropped and has not come back up on release of the handbrake or pressing the button on the dash.

The red suspension light is on the dash, and the orange light is on the switch.

Question One:

Is there a way to over-ride the system to get the suspension back up level?

Question Two:

Any ideas on how to fix it, or is there someone in East Anglia that would be able to do this for us (Cost is irrelevent - bills will be paid)

This is an operational ambulance with a private company that works full time for NHS, and is a childrens ambulance, so extreamly urgent to have it back up and running!

Thanks

Rick
Hi!

We have a fleet of these and have similar problems. It appears that salt eats into the wiring harness to the air suspension pack under the vehicle just forward of the back wheels. We have mamaged to patch a few of them up but now they need replaced and we are having great difficulty getting even a part number from Renault let alone new harnesses.

Answer 1 - No not really it sounds like a system fault. You could check the fuse though just in case, it is the bottom right on the fuse box undet the steering column. The documentation shows a 15A fuse but they seem to come with a 5A in.

Answer 2 - The only reliable fix for this is to replace the harness. They can sometimes be patched up but it doesn't seem to last long. Generally until the next sharp frost.

Regards

Arnot

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear air bellows (as used on LDV's) can be obtained from Marcle Leisure. They can also help with bits to do away with the ECU unit on the air suspension.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts