Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! We have a 96 aster MK1 Horsebox, it has failed the MOT on what looks like a ball joint at the end of a bar, it has three bolts on Triangle shaped plate, Renault say it is discontinued and it i proving almost ipossible to get hold of one.

Any idea where m have one, it is a TRW part. I have photos but don't know if I can post them on here?

Cheers

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,434 Posts
Photos would be helpful .... when you 'reply' scroll down further to the 'manage attachments' dialogue box and select the file from your hard drive or device.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,029 Posts
Have you managed to get Renault or TRW part number, can sometimes cross reference with other makers of the part.

For instance...this says lower ball joint so although looks summat like probably isn't what you need.
But look at the cross references.... With even one part number you stand a far better chance of finding an aftermarket bit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MASTER-Mk1-2-4D-Ball-Joint-Lower-80-to-98-Suspension-QH-7700462693-New/232586150216?fits=Car+Make:Renault|Model:Master+I&hash=item3627370148:g:LS0AAOSwrhhaJcxL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Everyone,

So it turns out it is called a Caster Tie rod, attached is a photo of the item.

Renault do not make the part any longer and I cannot find the ballpoint to change on the web?

Any thoughts welcomed..

Thank You !

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

Part number from Renault is 7700302767, almost impossible ot get hold of, - any ideas?

Is this part of what is called a lower-ball joint?

Photo attached.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, sure did, second had from a really helpful guy called Gus.

His number is 01274 685 227.(Westgate Hill Motors)

he knew the part off the top of his head, posted it out ASAP.

Best of luck.

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts