Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again thanks for everyones help on the lowering situation.
Now Im looking for some wheels, I want 18" plus but not much around.
Ive checked other 130x5 alloys, sprinters fit but have a 84mm centre bore instead of the Master 89.1.
Also Q7 and Toureg alloys have the same PCD and good offset but only 71.6mm centre bore, can anyone tell me if will be okay/safe to take to a machine shop and enlarge the centre bore? would love some Q7 alloys on the Master!
Being very big 4x4s sure the alloys must be pretty load rated too
(please note I dont carry heavy weights around, just use for surfing etc
thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Our long wheel base/high top Masters are just over the 2 ton mark empty,yours will probably be a good 2-300kg's lighter and that has to be comparable with a Toureg/Q7 so you're definately on the right lines.

The centre bore difference is quite substantial though and you may not have enough alloy between the bolt holes and the centre hole to be safe,you'd be taking nearly 9mm away from that area and that might be an issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our long wheel base/high top Masters are just over the 2 ton mark empty,yours will probably be a good 2-300kg's lighter and that has to be comparable with a Toureg/Q7 so you're definately on the right lines.

The centre bore difference is quite substantial though and you may not have enough alloy between the bolt holes and the centre hole to be safe,you'd be taking nearly 9mm away from that area and that might be an issue.
hello there I hear what your saying but the only thing im thinking is that the distance from centre to the 5 bolt pattern is the same distance on all wheels if you know what I mean! mmm got my eyes on some nice alloys with big fat 55 profile tyres and a heavy load rating on ebay!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looked at my wheels today the distance between the centre and studs is relatively small, but the centre hub only sticks out a few mill so maybe the amount of alloy to be machined might not be too much, do i bite the bullet and risk ruining a set of wheels:idunno:

G

·
I would suspect (but I don’t know) that the wheel manufacturer would offset the amount of material left with larger bores by going for more material between the mounting face and the bottom on the bolt counter bore.

I trouble with taking a punt on ruining a set of wheels is that you may mot know until they fall off

If you can find out who makes the wheel you are looking at you could try emailing them and asking them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Pat W and everybody else out there,

First time user so here it goes.
I'm interested to here how you managed to lower your Renault master? I have a 120dci with 18" alloys on.
I have been trying to find out how to lower the van for ages can anybody help out there.
Regards
James :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.