Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help! My 1998 (S reg) Renault Master 3.5t van has developed an intermittant speedo fault where the speedo just stops working for several minutes and then suddenly bursts into life again! :confused:

I've been told it's possibly the speedo sensor but I have no idea where to find the sensor on this vehicle. Does anyone know where it is and what it looks like?

Is it easy to replace? Do you reckon it is the sensor that is the problem? What do sensors cost?

All help appreciated. :)

Many thanks

Masterman

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope someone can help! My 1998 (S reg) Renault Master 3.5t van has developed an intermittant speedo fault where the speedo just stops working for several minutes and then suddenly bursts into life again! :confused:

I've been told it's possibly the speedo sensor but I have no idea where to find the sensor on this vehicle. Does anyone know where it is and what it looks like?

Is it easy to replace? Do you reckon it is the sensor that is the problem? What do sensors cost?

All help appreciated. :)

Many thanks

Masterman
hi there from what i can tell there are three types of drive on a master one looks like a cable the other two have sensor on the top of the diff
would need more info of type and fab no.s to be more on the nail:d

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have found out today (from a Renault dealer who took the VIN) that the item I need is on top of the diff and is held in with a single 13mm bolt.

Easily replaced from under the bonnet and about £37 for the part.

I just hope that's what was wrong with the intermittant speedo :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have found out today (from a Renault dealer who took the VIN) that the item I need is on top of the diff and is held in with a single 13mm bolt.

Easily replaced from under the bonnet and about £37 for the part.

I just hope that's what was wrong with the intermittant speedo :confused:
it is a good bet but have a look at the wiring plug make sure it not going green water can rot the wiring:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts