Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys, to start our season off and hopefully the start the good weather we are having our first meet for all Renault Owners in May. It is a cracking venue for photo opportunities and a nice day out. I will be travelling down from Durham.

The information is as folllows:

The venue selected is
Elvaston Castle Country Park in Derby
Borrowash Road,
Elvaston,
Derby,
Derbyshire,
DE72 3EP
Sunday 20th May 10:30-11:00. Parking is only £1.20 for the day and there is a tea room/shop there.

Examples of traveling info
From
Central London 124 miles 2hrs 36mins
Bristol 137miles 2hrs 30mins
Durham 148miles 2hrs 35mins

Opening Days and Hours
All Year; Every day; 9am - Dusk
Old English Garden 10am - 5pm - Summer
10am - 3.30pm - Winter

Parties / Coaches: Yes
Groups / Coaches need Appointment: No
House Open for Viewing: No

Admission Prices
70p for car park weekdays
£1.30 weekends & BH

Onsite Facilities
Parking: Yes
Lavatories: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes Shop: Yes
Lunches: Yes Teas: Yes
Light Refreshment: Yes
Picnics: Yes

For more info on the venue go here
Visit Derbyshire - Elvaston Castle Country Park in Derby

[link removed by OG]

S

·
0 Posts
Should be a great day out and I hope RenaultForums members will attend. Next time, please contact a member of the admin team for permission to post your link

Ta!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would have tried Slewonk my friend but I got a yellow bar at the top of my page (like the pop up one) saying something about not being able to post a pm for some strange reason.

If you would like to start a list on here I can add it to the final one on our club and then update here every so ften for you. We have around 20 cars down at the moment from quite a few other clubs. I will give final details the week before the meet.

Thanks again Phill J

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Would have tried Slewonk my friend but I got a yellow bar at the top of my page (like the pop up one) saying something about not being able to post a pm for some strange reason.
just to explain this for every ones benefit,only members who have paid a subscription can use "extras" such as PM's,Avatars,The Arcade etc.
Click my sig for more info.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
just to explain this for every ones benefit,only members who have paid a subscription can use "extras" such as PM's,Avatars,The Arcade etc.
Click my sig for more info.
Very true, there is also the "Contact us" link on the left side of the screen for sending an e-mail. (for those who cannot PM).

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
so who is going then?

i am up for it.:)

O

·
0 Posts
Phill - no problem with the thread promoting the event but your forum link has been removed 'cos it's in the rules!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problems there OG if you guys can get a list together and I will pop back in as usual and add names to the list on my site. I will then give you a full update of whose coming so we can keepan eye out for each other. Like it says every renault is elcome so if your free that weekend pop along.

Kind regards Phill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys this meet now unfortunately clashes with Cars In The Park meeting on 20th May. http://www.cars**thepark.org.uk/
which is a great get together of lots of cars including Ferrari, Lambo's, Bugati's, Renaults, TVR etc. If people would prefer to go to this venue as our get together and also show your cars off to the public please let me know either via this thread or on my club site.
If the general consesus is still to go to Elvaston Castle then thats what we will do, however we would all have a great day out at Cars In The Park.
Regards Phill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I wasnt intentionaly trying to advertise my club at all Scen1c my friend I was merely trying to get a message to all fellow Renault enthusiasts so we can have a great meet. Bearing in mind I do have my own club why do moderators feel the need to delete other clubs names when the message in this case is to promote a meeting for the good and benefit of all owners. There is no "rivalry" we are all enthusiasts so why cant people just chill a little and work together.

No offence intended, just feel its a little unneccesary to keep deleting minor things, after all there are much more important issues in the world to worry about.

Kind regards Phill

S

·
0 Posts
It's because in the past we've had members join up and then start their own sites and think it's Ok to promote them on RenaultForums. The resultant fall out was pretty nasty and we had introduce rules to deal with it. Problem is rules is rules and if we don't stick to them, we look like we don't mean it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem with me selwonk and I understand your reasons. My site was established before I came on here, but agree with you. I am not trying to steal members as such just asking if you wanna come along. In the future to keep you happy will contact you with any details of future meets first,cos would like you guys to pop along.
Regards PJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts