Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I'm a new member to this and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I drive a renault megane 1.4 2006 reg which has started having a few problems. When I press the start button sometimes the car starts perfect and finds idle no problems however on other occasions whether it be hot or cold when I press the start button the car starts but as the rev counter comes down trying to find idle it goes too low and stalls the car. This only happens on start up no problems driving it however when my foot is on the accelerator when stationary at a constant pressure the revs seem to jump up and down a bit which isn't normal.

We have ruled out the ignition coils as none of them are affecting the engine any less than each other. I have also changed the tdc a week ago and this hasnt helped it at all. My mechanic nas run a diagnostics check on the car but it shows no errors or misfires and even he is stumped about it. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and could help me solve this as I need my car to travel to uni everyday.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi there i have a 2003 16 16vvt megane 2 which is doing the same i have done the same as you plus cleaned the throttle body and checked all connectors will be checking temp senders as soon as but once it has warmed up its ok lets hope its something small lol

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Clean the throttle body, but you'll need to reset the throttle parameters so the computer knows its new limits.

The fella with the 1.6, have you tried a new camshaft sensor? That affects starting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi i got a scenic with the same troble i will clean the throttle body now if not then i will change the camshaft sensor thanks :d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts