Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help and advice needed please - my Megane went into limp mode and the warning light said Fuel injection error in November. I called recovery and a new cam shaft sensor was fitted. This did not fix the problem, the fuel injection was checked and bypassed but this didn't solve the problem either. I rang a Renault garage and had it recovered to them in November. They have put on a new battery, fitted a crank sensor and a new timing belt. Again the problem has not been fixed and the garage has been appalling in dealing with my car and have just left it to one side. I have only just been able to pick up my car (after lengthy discussions relating to paying for work carried out that I hadn't authorised - long story) and the error message has now changed to Engine failure hazard. I have driven the car home and it now drives over 60 mph but seems to lose power before each gear change. The initial problem wouldn't allow the car to go above 43 mph and continually lost power. My issue.... do I try and get my car fixed elsewhere or sell with problems as detailed. The car is a 2010 plate and has 122000 on the clock. Sailed through MOT last May but was involved in an accident 2 weeks after. Car was damaged at the back but the insurance company paid out £1800 to repair. Had the car back 3 months before the fuel injection error. I have owned the car over 3 years since 70,000 miles on the clock and the miles I have added are motorway miles back and forth to work. I like my car but as I don't know anything about cars I am not sure what my next steps should be. Any help appreciated, thanks, Kirsty.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,292 Posts
What were the fault codes .
This could be anything.
Have you now, or going to get the car back to yours..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now have the car at home, I paid for a diagnostics test on the car but the garage didn't offer me any reports or tell me the error codes. It definitely was better driving it home than it was when I had it recovered but I feel like the garage has really let me down and just done random repairs that were unnecessary.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,292 Posts
would suggest getting a diagnostic report, that will be your best bet..
ASK for a full car diagnostics. Not just the engine..
As you could have a multiplex error, and another module/computer is playing silly ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts