Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys can anyone help the wipers ain't working now when I switch them on nothing happens apart you can hear a clicking noise from fuse box area I've checked fuse and that's fine could someone give me some advice

James

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, get someone to test the motor, if you are sure it not a fuse
Hi mikey I've just has motor off car and tested it on the bench it's working fine so I'm lost as rear wiper works both window wash work just not front wipers when I click wipers on I can hear a click coming from fuse box area so I'm a bit baffled wot to check next

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
264 Posts
Just because you can hear the relay click (which is a good thing), doesn't mean that it is working. The contacts on the relay that make/break when the armature moves could be faulty and the circuit is not being completed to the wiper motor.
As you have proved that the wiper motor works and also the wiper stalk switch works, I would swap out the relay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know how to get to the relay to swap it I've had a quick look but ain't worked it out

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
264 Posts
I am sorry, I don't. But I am sure one of our fellow members will be along in due course to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts