Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 96 megane coupe 1.6e
at first it was juddering while going along in 2nd about 2500rpm
i had a mechanic friend look at it, and he was adament the clutch was fine, and that the crankshaft (TDC) sensor was at fault
i cleaned this sensor, and the car stopped juddering and was able to drive but it cut out once or twice in about half a mile
so i replaced the sensor, and now i cannot drive anywhere, the second the clutch is fully up the car just cuts out, no juddering, not like stalling, it just cuts out.
engaging all gears is fine, and it revs freely in neutral. it idles perfectly and i am able to drive in reverse trouble free, but pulling away in first the engine just dies.

anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? my friend is still pretty sure its a sensor somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone got any pics of earthing points?
the electronic incident warning light has started to come on when it stalls.
coils maybe?

·
Registered
42 Posts
if im right there are two wires on the back of the head cam belt side and two down by the oil filter behind the water hose

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe the clutch lever is cutting into the wires inside the cab, on my scenic it had cut through several wires, but most things stop once clutch was pushed in, now re-joined the wires and re-positioned the loom of wires and alls good...
Now just got to track down the on/off speedo fault.

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
You using enough throttle? - Sorry I know its a stupid question but ours stalls frequently when moving off - It just doesn't have as much strength as newer cars...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts