Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of weeks ago my o/s drive shaft sheared the roller bearings on the gearbox side anp popped out of place. so bought a new end and fitted it got 1 mile out the road and the same thing happend again. someone said there should be a locating pin to hold it in place, there wasent one when i first took it out. got a new end but not fitting it till can find out whats wrong. the cars a 98 renault megane coupe

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
If it is coming out at the gearbox end then there should be a hole drilled through the shaft which must be aligned to another hole on the gearbox output shaft. Once together a roll pin should then be knocked through the hole to keep the shafgt in place. If it is the other end then there should be either a circlip in the cv joint or on the end of the driveshaft.

·
Registered
30 Posts
driveshaft nightmare

hello mate iv got a 1996 megane coupe 2l 16v and im having the same problem even with a roll pin in place. iv got the renault dialog program and it says that u can fit a spring and cup instead of the roll pin but iv phoned the renault dealer and thay havent heared of it before so im going to pop in and show them the diagram i printed of. pls find diagram enclosed for yourself.

S

·
0 Posts
Your attachment has been deleted. Reproduction of copyrighted material is expressly forbidden:
Rules said:
You should also remember that RenaultForums does not under any circumstances allow the reproduction of copyrighted material. This includes, but is not restricted to:

a) PDF documents such as Dialogys files
b) Screen prints from commercial software
c) Information from copyrighted pages on other web sites
d) Pirated software

1 - 6 of 6 Posts