Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Bought my daughter an S reg to learn to drive in recently.

This morning gave her a lesson on the way to her college. Had a problem opening the doors with the remote but eventually it worked. Presumed battery in the key was near dead so changed it. Worked fine on return to the car and drove home.

Now I can't get any reaction at all, I can get in the car but the light continues to flash on the dash and therefore when I start the car it immediately cuts out.

Help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mk1 Remote problems

Hi all

Bought my daughter an S reg to learn to drive in recently.

This morning gave her a lesson on the way to her college. Had a problem opening the doors with the remote but eventually it worked. Presumed battery in the key was near dead so changed it. Worked fine on return to the car and drove home.

Now I can't get any reaction at all, I can get in the car but the light continues to flash on the dash and therefore when I start the car it immediately cuts out.

Help!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i changed my batterys just the other week myself iam not that sure if yours is the same i have 2x3v batterys and i put them in the wrong way:d iam not saying you have done this but is worth a check

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

That was interesting, there was water dripping out of the roof where the lights are yesterday and today, only problem we've had with the car until today so sounds like it could be that, hadn't realised this is where the remote locking bit was!

Will have to try the emergency override idea using the central locking buttons on the central console. And then see if the remote dries out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

The key worked, albeit after a number of attempts, after i had the battery changed. It's a small round battery similar to a watch battery. The light is flashing fine so presume it's ok.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Ian,

When I had my Laguna I it also suffered from water leaking in from the aerial getting into the central locking circuit. When it dries out it does work.

When this does dry out, it may be prudent to try and put some sealent round the aerial base (from inside) to stop the water leaking in. I also wrapped my central locking circuit board in plastic to stop it getting wet, worked a treat.

I never had a problem with the immobiliser though when the central locking stopped working. :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts