Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a 1999 V reg Megane alize 1.4e
every now and then my speedo doesn't work when i set off
but after about 12 to 18 miles it will start to work again.
I have been told it's an electronic system and renault want £80 quid just to look at it and they said they might not be able to find out whats causing it. Does anyone out there have a similar problem they have solved I would like to know how to go about fixing it as i don't want to get a speeding ticket :d

Simon:crazy:

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
hey i got a 99 alize 1.6 and ive not come across this problem yet, have you tried taking it an independent garage, some of them don't charge for looking at it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:crazy: Yes I have ABS and the last independant garage I went to didn't want to touch it.
If the sensor is on the ABS can you tell me how to resolve
this issue as it is driving me insane thanks all

Simon

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi slimsim, do a search on the CLIO2/SENIC/MEGANE forums/threads and speedo problems this has come up several times, its usually the speedo electronic sender unit.

Hope it helps:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
multi plug

hi just fixed one with same problem abs light was going out nothing came up computer checked all wiring from abs unit found corroded wire beside battery a white multi plug left hand side of battery hope this helps cheers kellykars

·
Registered
16 Posts
:crazy: Yes I have ABS and the last independant garage I went to didn't want to touch it.
If the sensor is on the ABS can you tell me how to resolve
this issue as it is driving me insane thanks all

Simon
hi slimsim,

i had the same problem with the speedo... same symptoms you had with your ride...

changed the electronic sender and everything works fine now...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, ive had the same problem as discussed above i just wanted to know where the electronic sender that was said to be the problem.

Cheers DMackie

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hey, ive had the same problem as discussed above i just wanted to know where the electronic sender that was said to be the problem.

Cheers DMackie
Hi DMackie ... do a search on Clio speedo sender ... I posted pic's of what it looks like and where to find it.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks all the proble has been solved

Hi everyone thanks for your help and input I hope this tread has proved usefull to a few of you out there to.
I fixed the problem by following the advice given here to replace the electronic sender and now everything works fine. Thanks everyone Happy motoring.

Simon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.