Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I was driving home the other night and my speedo all of a sudden stopped working and an orange light came on (sqaure with a WW) in it. I haven't the owners manual so am not sure about the light. The light only comes on after a few mins of driving but stays on.

It is a 1.4 97 Model and I dont think it has ABS. I search the haynes manual and there is nothing in there at all.

A few things have gone this year :( clutch, front springs, cat, exhuast think its telling me its getting old :(

I did search the forum but most posts I saw where in regards to models with ABS. Can anyone offer any advice??

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply chris,

Its electronic :( I dismantled the dashboard hoping the cable had just poped out.

I had a look at the gear box and can't see where the speedo connects, i will have another look.

I was on the motorway when it went so I was driving a little fast, and I thought i heard a pop as it stopped.

Cheers,

JAmes

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Hello,

Well I had a good look around the engine compartment around the Gear box and notixed a broken sensor which I suspect is the speedo sensor

http://www.brownjl.co.uk/speedo/

Can anyone confirm??

I dont think these are too expensive to buy but how do I fit one? does the old one just unscrew out!?! and the new one goes in or is there parts internal to the gear box that need replacing??

Cheers for the Help

JAmes

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi had the very same problem speedo stopped, tested everything checked all sensors etc then did a back trace from ECU cables in wiring loom and guess wot a broken cable located below the earth braid also an earth but for the ecu itself in fact 2 cables are crimped into 1 eyelet and one had broken out completely and the other was very close to doing the same these cables are located on the altenator side of the engine. trace the loom back from ECU to engine hopefully that is all your problem is fingers crossed..........;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts