Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need some owners advice regarding the 1.5 DCi engines and performance as im possibly going to buy a 03 and onwards model

Ive priced up the running costs and they are sooo cheap to run , 50/60+ mpg ,30quid a year road tax,low insurance,infact every thing looks rosey !

except one thing........ ive got a feeling the lack of horse power (on the 86bhp) would effect motor way driving and this is one of the major reasons im getting rid of our scenic,basically because every time we use it on the Mway i have to ring its neck going up the on ramp due to its lack of acceleration then joining traffic at around 50mph when ppl are coming up behind you at 70mph is quite hairy at times

but im wondering if the megane 1.5 dci engine with its higher torque and lower overall weight would suffer the same problems with slow acceleration when joing Mways ? i guess im just thinking out loud atm but id love to know what some actual owners think about their cars ?

how do you guys and gals find driving them on the motorways,especially acceleration when joining a motorway ?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I drive my dCi 86 on the motorway everyday and it pulls fine. Coming on from the slip road it has good power and gains speed pretty fast thru 3rd to 5th up to 70mph.

Im averaging 65mpg+ on my 50 mile journey and its a comfortable car to drive, theres some road noise but this is because my front tyres are due change.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.