Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just changed the drivers side front indicator bulb on a 2003 Megane 1.9 dci belonging to my daughter. What a nightmare, I tried accessing through the access hole in front of the tyre in the inner wing, impossible. So i jacked the car up hoping the wheel would drop enough to allow better access, no way. I then removed the wheel, still just couldn`t get enough grip to turn it the 90 degrees require to pull the bulb free. In the end I removed the front part of the inner wing and it was still a *****. Did I miss something is they an easier way I would hate to have go through this fang dango every time a front indicator bulb pops.:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
ive been to renault breakers today as i have a 54 plate megane with a front indicator gone , he says the front indicator cover just pops off im going to try that .

·
Registered
38 Posts
When mine went, I ended up taking the front bumper off - nothing like as difficult as it sounds. A Haynes manual is probably needed though.

That gives excellent access, although allow an hour or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have just changed the drivers side front indicator bulb on a 2003 Megane 1.9 dci belonging to my daughter. What a nightmare, I tried accessing through the access hole in front of the tyre in the inner wing, impossible. So i jacked the car up hoping the wheel would drop enough to allow better access, no way. I then removed the wheel, still just couldn`t get enough grip to turn it the 90 degrees require to pull the bulb free. In the end I removed the front part of the inner wing and it was still a *****. Did I miss something is they an easier way I would hate to have go through this fang dango every time a front indicator bulb pops.:confused:
thanks for your post. I took mine to halfords and they said they can replace it for me ,which will cost me £3.99 ..but the technician tried his best for 40 min and gave up, advising me to take it to renault garage. But now after reading your post ,i have a good idea how to do it myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Right, i think i have found a quicker way to do it. This is in a megane 04, Don't bother trying to go under the wheel arch that's just not going to work. instead remove your battery you can get into it that way. Once you've found the little plastic tab you can twist it and somehow pull it out from there. This is only for the left hand side obviously. But normally the bulb will be alright and you just need to give it a twist to tighten it, This is what i've just found out. My battery needed charged anyway :p. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I was at the garage for my MOT I got talking with the manager and was saying how I can't fix anything on a car and joked about how I even pay Halfords to change my bulbs.

She went on to say that if I buy my bulbs from them they will fit them for free.
After reading this popped down to the garage expecting to be told where to go but they said they will fit it for free but not until later as it will take about 30mins.

I was very surprised as was expecting to have been charged something as its such a fiddly job.

Maybe its worth you guys phoning local garages asking if they offer free fitting if you buy bulbs from them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the drive to the garage the indicator was working fine so didn't have anything done, strange.
It's going back to where I bought it from in a couple of weeks to have the heaters looked at so will get him to look at it then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts