Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me.
I manly work on vintage cars but just recently I had to replace the turbo on my daughter's Renault Megane 2003 1.9cdi. Every thing went well and the car is driving very nicely, however I seem to have a vacuum pipe missing. It's at the back of the engine behind the inlet manifold and sits underneath the vacuum reservoir (It's the vacuum control solenoid valve). The vacuum control solenoid valve seems to have a pipe missing from the electrical connector end of the valve. I've looked everywhere but can't find a spare pipe floating about. As it happens I also don't remember taking it off, but it seems strange to have a place for the pipe but no pipe to fit onto it. The other end of the valve has it's pipes in place one at the back and one at the bottom. As I say though, no pipe on the electrical end. I hope this makes some sense to someone as it's been bothering me for days! regards - John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help and advise!

My turbo blew on the way home from work today!!! How did you get on with changing yours? I will be doing mine at the side of the road, does the unit lift out from behind the head. Are there any special tools apart from the basics I need? Any help will be fab!

Cheers.

Phil

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
it is normal to have a open connector on the solenoid it lets off the vacumme after the engine has stopped to release the stop flap at the end of the manifold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts