Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Really grateful if anyone can give some advice on my Black Renault Megane DCI (diesel). I'm having lots of problems with the electrics at the moment and want to get some advice on how to go about resolving - as seems there are various potential issues and solutions.

The car is about 6-7 years old now, and I've had it for three. It's never had any issues until the start of the year (other than the stop-start sometimes not kicking in). I left the car idle for about 6 weeks after NYE. Ever since then it's been troubled with various error signs and messages, usually some variety of 'Orange Spanner - Check Vehicle', 'Battery Charging Fault - Pull Over' and Stop-Start coming on and off.

I've tried giving it a good long run a few times to charge the battery, after which the issues have often subsided, but running it doesn't seem to sort the issue now and I am getting a 'low battery' sign regularly when I stop the engine.

It's possible that the battery is knackered and needs replacing, although I've not noticed many signs of a tired battery (bar an occasionally slower crank).

Are there any thoughts what the issue might be?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,059 Posts
I would be condemning the battery myself..
You can get the battery tested, but if a slow crank is experienced at any time, I would be changing the battery.
As a slow cranking tends to burn the starter out ( Makes starter get hot )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts