Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, looking for some advice/guidance with regards to my 2011 Megane, I took it to my local garage this morning for a diagnostic check due to having multiple warnings on the dash including a engine hazard failure warning.

After the check the guy printed off the codes and they are as follows.

DF068: Particle filter malfunction
DF059: consistent multiplex signals for cc / so
DF067: control unit to heater plug connection fault
DF057: proportional richness sensor circuit
DF079: engine oil dilution.

The guy at the garage said I need to take it to Renault main dealer,my closest dealer is Maidstone and I am unsure if I should drive it the 18 miles to the dealer.

So far with all the faults the car has shown no dip in performance, I guess I***8217;m just after some guidance on what this could all equal up to, and also trying to see how much it***8217;s going to hurt the old wallet. All I have been told so far is if I have to drive the car I need to check the oil and make sure it is not going over the full marker on the dipstick.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
on oil get it changed NOW as has been diluted from failed regens and the extra diesel used to burn off the soot off has gone into oil instead - making it diluted.

DF068: Particle filter malfunction - probably semi blocked with soot
DF059: consistent multiplex signals for cc / so further investigation required
DF067: control unit to heater plug connection fault get glows plugs checked for failure before worrying about this further
DF057: proportional richness sensor circuit further investigation required
DF079: engine oil dilution. change it ASAP

other will be along with better info as im just giving general advice about oil.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,456 Posts
What Nexxie said.
The CC issue is likely connected to the Oil dilution...we've seen this one before.

Bottom line is likely DPF blocked or one of the pipes to it.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,890 Posts
CC gets switched off because ecu has detected a fault.
So ignore that until other faults rectified
But as above first things to check are pipe work to DPF, and oil,

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
touch wood this worked so far on my 1.9DCI DPF G-Scenic 2008 - when I 1st got it, did a air / fuel / pollen and oil / filter change and have changed oil every 5,000 miles or 6 months which ever comes 1st - i put in a bottle of diesel injector cleaner, and a week later on next fill up a bottle of DPF cleaner , they where the ones recommended by motor factor - only use shell nitro v+ now (the expensive diesel) It really does run better on this..... Also I dont hang about in it either - lets say I still drive it like the hot hatches of my youth!! and she regularly gets taken down the dual carriage way at 70+ mph held in 5th rather than 6th gear, to blast the DPF out...

The oil I use is a LOW ASH one as well.

Reactions: ours2012
1 - 5 of 5 Posts