Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all electonic things in my car are all mixed up. what to do? seems like the earth wire is gone. does anyone know where the wire is located?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It is not a simple as that there are many earth cable connections on a car - but you could start with the battery. Are the battery terminals all clean and secure - is the earth cable to the engine clean and sound and it is also worth having the output voltage of the alternator checked - if it is faulty it can cause electronics to go crazy. Also it may help if you could explain exactly what is happpening.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im from finland so im not very good at car english.
output voltage of the alternator? what is that and where it is?????? ill go now check the battery :)

and what is happening... i dont know the english terms to thigs that are messed up. window cleaners arent working, headlights blinks. windows dont work(electrinc windows), lock s and many many other thing are gone crazy.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
You need a multi-meter to check the output of the alternator - Using it's voltage settings check the voltage across the battery terminals when the engine is running.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i forgot to say. the engine wont start because the driving blocking thing goes on... and i checked the battery. its clean.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi How to you know the battery is fully charged - has it been tested. The negative lead coming from the battery connects to the bodywork of the car to provide earth. If you mechanical skills are limited I suggest you seek the advice of a mechanic - as without actually seeing the vehicle and having a good description of what is happening it can be quite difficult to give assistance via this forum.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the car has a new battery now. that didnt help. what to to? and i sure know where the earth cable of the battery is :d i mean the other spots that the car is might be earthed.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Shadukka - try an explain exactly what is happening - if you can take us through what happens step-by-step from when you unlock the drivers door.:)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
i forgot to say. the engine wont start because the driving blocking thing goes on... and i checked the battery. its clean.
do you mean the immobiliser. I would suggest you get an auto electrician to look at the car.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Yeh Sadukka - now we know what's happening - the immobilser is stopping you from starting the engine, etc and as asterix suggests you will need an auto electrician to have a look and have it decoded and reset. Where any codes supplied with the car.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its not only the immobilser. its everything that is connected to electricity :d and im asking here because its very expensive to
hire an car electrician. i wanna know is there anything that i can do by myself.

here's what happens: The engine wont start because the immobilser, window cleaner wont move, electric windows wont work, when u lock the doors it opens the locks by itself.
there's also strange buzz sound coming somewhere behind the speedmeters. the interior and driving lights blinks. whole car electronics are messed up.

im not very good at car english so try to understand something :)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Shadukka.....I'll be very honest here. Car electronics are not the easiest thing to mess around with, there are so many permutations in the wiring. Even with a circuit diagram I don't beleive that you would be able to help yourself, it really is the domain of an auto electrician, and if your car is unusable at the moment I think the only way forward is to pay out the money.

Sorry

Tel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok. thanks for help :) ill tell later how much i gotta pay for repair. :) i called at car electrician and he said it may cost over 1000 €. :/

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
ok. thanks for help :) ill tell later how much i gotta pay for repair. :) i called at car electrician and he said it may cost over 1000 €. :/
Just one simple point is the battery connected the right way round - is the polarity correct - that could cause the buzzing sound:)

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i think it would help to get a professional to look at it before you hurt yourself or do lasting damage to the car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts