Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 2 weeks i've had an intermittent message on my dash telling me to 'check gearbox', before this comes up the car seems to lunge slightly but still carries on going. I pull over switch off the engine switch back on and the message has gone. I then drove it for a few days without the message coming up, then went out on Sunday and the same thing happened. I have noticed that the engine sounds more 'revvy' also. This has now happened to me 3 times, always seems to be when the engine is cold and when going uphill.

I have called a garage and they cant get me in until 30th March, If i continue to drive the car am I going to cause further more serious damage and can anybody advise at to what the problem is initially?

Thanks for reading this!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Over the last 2 weeks i've had an intermittent message on my dash telling me to 'check gearbox', before this comes up the car seems to lunge slightly but still carries on going. I pull over switch off the engine switch back on and the message has gone. I then drove it for a few days without the message coming up, then went out on Sunday and the same thing happened. I have noticed that the engine sounds more 'revvy' also. This has now happened to me 3 times, always seems to be when the engine is cold and when going uphill.

I have called a garage and they cant get me in until 30th March, If i continue to drive the car am I going to cause further more serious damage and can anybody advise at to what the problem is initially?

Thanks for reading this!
Hi, I've got exactly the same problem with my Megane. Can you tell me if/how you resolved it please. Many thanks, Clive

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Clive, I had to have the solenoid valve replaced. Apparently it was quite an expensive job fortunately I have a warranty so it didn't cost me anything.
Good luck with getting it sorted.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I've taken the car back to the garage that sold me it. They're checking it out and believe the issue probably involves the solenoid and they say they'll get it replaced. Fingers crossed, it'll be covered under their warranty!

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts