Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is quite a common request when people ask how to set the alarm without the sensors.
However, the instructions in our alarm manual for the cc are incorrect.
The manual states to set the alarm without the sensors ( when the roof is down for example) to insert the card and press start button 5 times, then lock car as normal, you should hear 4 beeps!
THIS DOES NOT WORK - THE SENSORS ARE STILL ARMED.

You only have to press the START BUTTON 3 TIMES before locking the car as normal, you then hear the beeps to confirm this action when you lock the car.

We only discovered this by trial and error, even after a phonecall to our dealer and they told us 5 presses, the alarm kept going off. We thought our alarm was faulty.

This may only be for the cc Phase II (2006 on) models but it may also be the same for the standard Megane hatchbacks etc.

If you are having problems disarming your sensors try only pressing the button 3 times and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 54 plate and i have to press mine 5 times, so far i have not had a problem.
Like I said, it may be only the 2006 on Meganes.
5 presses certainly does not deactivate the sensors in our car - but 3 does!

Perhaps they decided 5 preses was too much so dropped it to 3 - knowing how lazy we all are!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is quite a common request when people ask how to set the alarm without the sensors.
However, the instructions in our alarm manual for the cc are incorrect.
The manual states to set the alarm without the sensors ( when the roof is down for example) to insert the card and press start button 5 times, then lock car as normal, you should hear 4 beeps!
THIS DOES NOT WORK - THE SENSORS ARE STILL ARMED.

You only have to press the START BUTTON 3 TIMES before locking the car as normal, you then hear the beeps to confirm this action when you lock the car.

We only discovered this by trial and error, even after a phonecall to our dealer and they told us 5 presses, the alarm kept going off. We thought our alarm was faulty.

This may only be for the cc Phase II (2006 on) models but it may also be the same for the standard Megane hatchbacks etc.

If you are having problems disarming your sensors try only pressing the button 3 times and see what happens.
hi just to clarify on my 06 megane 11 dynamic convertible the process is as follows
1 switch off car and remove card
2 before exiting car press start button 3 times
3 exit car and lock
4 you will then hear 4 bleeps to say interior sensors are off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts