Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my car has 63k miles and 7 years now, very low usage, when should I replace the clutch kit?

Another question would be if is fine to wait some little problem before to replace it, for my understanding it's time to replace it for the age of it, but how much can be a risk to keep some old component like that and wait the unlucky moment?

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Hi

A clutch is not a time or millage replacement item. It depends on use and abuse.
My last car was a Meg 2 ST 1.5 dci and at 13 years old it had just over 230K on the clock and still on the original clutch.

So my philosophy on a clutch is 'if it works correctly leave well alone ' .

Al

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

A clutch is not a time or millage replacement item. It depends on use and abuse.
My last car was a Meg 2 ST 1.5 dci and at 13 years old it had just over 230K on the clock and still on the original clutch.

So my philosophy on a clutch is 'if it works correctly leave well alone ' .

Al
I use it for very short travels in the city few times a week, and in the weekend probably I do at least 100 miles, mostly on the highway.
That cold usage in the city could lead to a problem sooner, but anyway, I take care of all the rest with all the necessary maintenance, it should be fine for other few years at least and I'll wait the first sign of malfunctioning then.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts