Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
I have a 05 Megane 1.9dci dyanmique with the hands free key card, the button on the drivers door handle to lock the car has decided to stop working tonight. The sensor on the door that unlocks the car when you put you hand over it still works, as does the button to lock the car on the passenger side & inside the renault diamond on the boot, just the drivers side has stopped working. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi AmericanV8,

You will probably need to replace the handle, An all to common fault in the Megane II & Scenic II, I take it the car is still under warranty as a Handle is quite expensive to replace and reconfigure to the system.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AmericanV8,

You will probably need to replace the handle, An all to common fault in the Megane II & Scenic II, I take it the car is still under warranty as a Handle is quite expensive to replace and reconfigure to the system.

Regards

Ottoman
Its just coming up on 2 year old this May so yeah i'd assume its still under warranty. Is the door handle a warranty item?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hiya,

i had the same problem with my dynamique 2.0 - the drivers side handle started to play up.

i booked it in for some work and then it decided to work again - so it has actually been working mostly since then

(with the odd day here or there when raining or very cold that it doesnt work)

its odd!

did you get it sorted in the end?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya,

i had the same problem with my dynamique 2.0 - the drivers side handle started to play up.

i booked it in for some work and then it decided to work again - so it has actually been working mostly since then

(with the odd day here or there when raining or very cold that it doesnt work)

its odd!

did you get it sorted in the end?
How bizzare!! booked it in for next Friday to have it checked out and its started working again today. Think i'll still leave it booked in though just incase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
common prob?

glad its sorted :)

wish they had sorted mine when it was still under renault warranty - they fobbed me off saying it didnt 'fault' when they had it. so wasnt able to get it fixed. now im out of warranty its played up from time to time - not good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts