Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently layed my hands on a rebuilt F7R engine complete with gear box, clutch, ECU and all wires, water pump alternator and manafolds. but no driveshafts, engine mounts or catalic converter, or radiator. i have a 1998 1.6 8v and i was wondering if anyone knows the answers to any of the following questions:
1. will the drive shafts go from my original gear box to the new 1?
2. and how does the engine mounts go on i cant see the engine mounts currently on my tiny 1.6 engine and i can see the F7R engine has a top left side mount but my chasis doesnt seem to have a spot for the mount?
3. and im sure it will be ok but will the radiator from the old 1.6 engine be ok on the F7R or will it need a new radiator?

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's no reason why it should not fit - you seem to have it all.
As Renault fits the F7R D710 (2.0 16V IDE 147 bhp) on Meganes from 1996-1999 and I guess yours is from that period the only thing would be to make minor adjustments to the engine and gearbox suspension. The mounting bushes of both models are the same though.

In 1999, after the face lift, they replaced it with F4R 740/741 (2.0 16V 139 bhp) and F5R740 (2.0 16V IDE 140 bhp) but I think the engine mounts are the same. Never paid attention to gear box mountings though.

Still there are other issues to consider - the F7R is a bit heavier, so you might need to change the springs of the front suspension. And since I doubt you'll want to be be driving these 150 horsies slowly you'll need better brakes so you'll have to consider replacement of the disk brakes with a bigger diameter ones, probably of 280 mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Megane Coupe F7r Fitting Problems

I'M TRYING TO FIT A F7R ENGINE INTO MY MEGANE COUPE 'S' REG PHASE 1. I ORIGINALLY HAD A 1.6e ENGINE AND THE MOUNTS ON THAT ARE AT THE BOTTOM THE MOUNTS ON THE F7R ARE AT THE TOP I HAVE THE ENGINE MOUNTS FOR THE F7R AND CAN KINDA SEE WHERE THEY WILL GO BUT THE STRUCTURE OF THE INNER WING IS NOT ABLE TO SUPPORT THEY MOUNT LET ALONE BOLT IT TOO IT IS THERE ANOTHER BRACKET OR SOMETHING I NEED OR WILL I HAVE TO MAKE 1 IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICS OF A FITTED F7R TO A MEGANE AS WELL THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP AS I CANT FIND 1 IF U DO PLEASE EMAIL ME ON [email protected] THANKS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Megane Coupe F7r Fitting Problems

I'M TRYING TO FIT A F7R ENGINE INTO MY MEGANE COUPE 'S' REG PHASE 1. I ORIGINALLY HAD A 1.6e ENGINE AND THE MOUNTS ON THAT ARE AT THE BOTTOM THE MOUNTS ON THE F7R ARE AT THE TOP I HAVE THE ENGINE MOUNTS FOR THE F7R AND CAN KINDA SEE WHERE THEY WILL GO BUT THE STRUCTURE OF THE INNER WING IS NOT ABLE TO SUPPORT THEY MOUNT LET ALONE BOLT IT TOO IT IS THERE ANOTHER BRACKET OR SOMETHING I NEED OR WILL I HAVE TO MAKE 1 IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICS OF A FITTED F7R TO A MEGANE AS WELL THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP AS I CANT FIND 1 IF U DO PLEASE EMAIL ME ON [email protected] THANKS

·
Registered
56 Posts
That was your topic, right?

Here are the F3R mounting brackets and tightening torques:

And here are the F7R mounting brackets and torques:

The lower bracket (the right one on the diagram) is different so I guess I would be best just to try and find one otherwise you will have to try to mount it by welding additional mounting points on the engine frame.

*Sorry,but the images have been removed due to being copyright material.

·
Registered
56 Posts
WTF?
Two scketchy diags being copyrighted?
And one month later the committee decides to implmement copiright rules!
You know what?
Just forget it, maybe I had illusions about the purpose of this forum.
Anyway, I don't need explanations, for me the topic is closed.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
WTF?
Too scketchy diags being copyrighted?
And one month later the committee decides to implmement copirights rules!
You know what?
Just forget it, maybe I had illusions about the purpose of this forum.
Anyway, I don't need explanations, for me the topic is closed.
I feel an explanation is needed so you understand we aren't being sticklers.

We appreciate your enthusiasm to help other members, but at the same time we have to abide by copyright laws. The forum does not have funds to fight a court case and this could in fact see the forum closed down.

I hope this gives you insight into the reasons the diagrams had to be deleted.

SB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts