Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
We are looking to see if anyone else has had similar issues with their Renault Megane GT Line Hatch 2013 - Electrical Issues.
In 2017 the car park brake wouldn't release and kept coming up with error messages about the park break, car would not move. Next day issue and error message disappeared, took it to Renault mechanic and they could not find a fault. Then 2 days later a message popped up, saying check control functions and car would not start. Got the car back to the Mechanic and they said it was the starter motor and replaced it, the car kept having electrical issues on and off, often stating check control functions. The warranty expired 28/08/18 and yesterday 18/09/18 car was started and drove down the street, car felt like it was not wanting to go, it was tugging. Error message "gear box fail" Called road side service, they tested the electrics and got a different error message for Glow Plug P0380 Glow plug/heater circuit, then message disappeared, the guy took it for a test drive and noticed once the car hit over 3000rpm the car felt like it went into free play, almost as if it wasn't changing gears "its a automatic car, but he described it like as if the clutch was gone on a manual". I phoned Renault and they took all the details and after a 20 min conversation and organising the car to be towed to them he proceeded to tell me that no one can take a look until 4/10/18, we then had it towed to the road side service guys workshop. We had a call from them today saying the car is starting, no error message appearing but all lights are on, engine, oil etc. I feel there is something seriously wrong with the electrics on this car but need to prove to Renault, these issues have been happening for years even during the warranty period. Has anyone had similar issues?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts