Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone could shed any light id appreciate it. Ive only had my Megane 225 for just over a week & the handsfree entry isnt working any more. It should open when you put your hand behind the handle, but instead im having to pull on the handle once to unlock then again to open. Ive read the books & this should only happen if its been stood for days, but Im using mine daily. I changed the battery in the keycard, and this made it worse! i cant open the passenger side now at all by pulling on the handle

Also Ive had the a light flashing every now and then, ive had no adverse effects on the performance, but obviously somethings not right?

Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
How long has it been doing this? If it's just today, then leave it and see if it settles overnight. I had the system on mine go totally nuts one time (handsfree totally useless, and I couldn't even lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the card most of the time.) It sorted itself the following day.

Today, it's decided that it'll lock when I walk away, but that I have to press the button on the card to unlock it. It's done that twice this afternoon now. Hopefully it'll be happier in the morning.

Though even when the system's working, there's a 'knack' to getting it to open properly. Make a point of breaking the light beam behind the handle with your hand for a good half second before pulling on the handle. If you do that, then the car will usually have had the chance to unlock before you try to open the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How long has it been doing this? If it's just today, then leave it and see if it settles overnight. I had the system on mine go totally nuts one time (handsfree totally useless, and I couldn't even lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the card most of the time.) It sorted itself the following day.

Today, it's decided that it'll lock when I walk away, but that I have to press the button on the card to unlock it. It's done that twice this afternoon now. Hopefully it'll be happier in the morning.

Though even when the system's working, there's a 'knack' to getting it to open properly. Make a point of breaking the light beam behind the handle with your hand for a good half second before pulling on the handle. If you do that, then the car will usually have had the chance to unlock before you try to open the door.
Hi my names Ben i only joined yesterday, i have an 04 megane and i sometimes have problems with the keyless entry, ive noticed when i have my mobile in the same pocket it will not work, iam presuming the microwaves interfere. also you have to keep your hand over the sensor for at least 1.5 seconds for it to work or pull on the handle twice. the same applys when locking. keep the button depressed for a few seconds until it locks. just one of those things., and very annoying the the batterys dont last 2
minutes. Hope you get it sorted.
Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi New to the site, i have hands free system on megane 2005 reg but it only appears to work on the passenger side? Neither handle on the drivers side functions (unlocking or locking)?

Does anyone know what the problem could be. Renault want to charge £40 + VAT to diagnose then god knows how much to repair!!

I have just shelled out £250 to get a window regulator replaced.

Someone please help!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately not, i decided to put up with it in the end. Strange thing is the driver side is working now and the passenger side has stopped working? It has a mind of its own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just bought mine second hand and it wont work, it locks and unlocks using the fob but thats it, is there a way of resetting the system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts