Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi folks, first post so please be gentle with me.

I've got an 04 1.9dci Dynamique which seems to have thrown a strop and won't let me use the button on the driver's side door to lock the car. The sensor can detect me opening the door but won't let me lock it. All the other doors work fine. Car just out of warranty (sod's law) so I was wondering what my options were?

Do I line the pockets of my local dealer to get it fixed (if so how much will he rob me of)

or

Can I do it myself with a few bits from the parts dept.

Thanks
:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Arm1970.

Handles are very expensive for a keyless entry.

As far as I am aware Renault have to reconfigure any new handle fitted, Have you tried giving it a good clean as quite often road grime/residue seeps in behind the buttons.

I'm sure someone else will offer some other thoughts on this post.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Door lock button

Hi there

You are not alone...

I have the same problem with the door locking button on the drivers side.

I am taking it back to the cr## company that sold the car to me...

Will let you know how much it costs as soon as i find out .... that is after I get out of hospital from the heart attack when I discover the cost....

Regards

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
:confused: I've got a megane sport tourer... both driver and passenger doors will open but not lock with the button. Both rear doors and the boot work fine though. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve taken all of your advice and here’s what happened:

I called up Renault UK on the number from their website and complained about having this problem for the 3rd time and I wasn’t happy. They suggested that I book it inmto the garage and get them to diagnose the problem and Renault could see if a repair could be done as the car was just out of warranty (3 weeks).

Booked it into Arnold Clarks in Bishopbriggs, near Glasgow and they said I would need 4 handles replaced and one of the door locks was jamming so that would need to get replaced.

Now for the shocking bit Renault UK authorised all the work and I’ve just picked the car up fully repaired and ready to go.

I’m now going to lie in a darkened room as I’m obviously suffering from sunstroke.

Thanks again to all those who posted advice on my thread

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Excellent news Arm1970, That would have cost a great deal to repair, Tho garage should have picked up the faults before.

Always worth pursuing things further.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts