Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right

Me again. Got another strange problem with the 97 1.6i.

Occasionally (not consistently) the car seems to struggle when idling. The yellow warning light then flickers. If I put any pressure on the accelerator, the light goes off. Even without actually revving the engine. If I remove my foot, the light comes back on.

When the light is flickering like this, sometimes when I pull away there is no power and the car almost feels like it not running on 4 cylinders.

I cannot work out what causes this to happen, and the problem is not consistent. For example the light started to flicker for the last 5 mins of my journey to work, but did not happen at all on the way back.

Cheers

YR

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I take it that this problem has being resolved from your post on a previous thread.

Regards

Ottoman
:d No Otto, No! He said "It's me AGAIN" and "another strange problem". See you jimmy, yous needin' t'pay meer attention mon.:d

@YorksRoyal: Don't worry it often happens... they fix one thing and feck up another.:rolleyes:

Are you sure your ignition is ok? Which light are you talking about when you say it started to flicker? Could this be the dreaded coils again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's the yellow one and the far right.. The same one that came on for the MAP sensor pipe. The (photocopied) handbook says it's the Electronic Incident Warning Light. Having just read the manual, the symptoms appear to be a problem with the immobiliser...! Didn't know I had one. The same handbook says it is essential that I take it to a dealer...

Oh bugger!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
It's the yellow one and the far right.. The same one that came on for the MAP sensor pipe. The (photocopied) handbook says it's the Electronic Incident Warning Light. Having just read the manual, the symptoms appear to be a problem with the immobiliser...! Didn't know I had one. The same handbook says it is essential that I take it to a dealer...

Oh bugger!
I just thought it might be the toxic emissions light (Yellow and shaped like the silhouette of an engine).

If it is an immobiliser problem, it could only be that it is not immobilising because if it were the other way round, you would not be able to start your engine. So... could it be that your immobiliser has become immobilised:confused:? I mean that it has been disabled by someone?

I'm sure there are better brains then mine for this subject especially as my car is a Laguna. As the owner of a Laguna I sometimes wonder if I am slightly lacking in grey matter!

If you don't get an answer, please feel free to bump it up to the top for other people to see.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's certainly very odd. Since my handbook is explaining exactly my smyptoms, you have to assume it is right. But as you say, if the immobiliser is faulty then why does the car start?

I'm sure one morning when I really need the car (friends wedding this saturday is where the smart money is), it just won't start.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
It's certainly very odd. Since my handbook is explaining exactly my smyptoms, you have to assume it is right. But as you say, if the immobiliser is faulty then why does the car start?

I'm sure one morning when I really need the car (friends wedding this saturday is where the smart money is), it just won't start.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you come Saturday morning. Would that be SOD's or Murphy's law in operation?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts