Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently driving a Renault Clio Mk2, Ph1. It's an ok car but I would like to go a bit bigger with some leg room in the back!

I have been looking at the Renault Megane Mk2 as it is a nice size and I like the styling of it. The thing I want to know before I buy it is will it cost me a lot of money on repairs (I know every car is different but in general) or are they a good car with little problems?

And also does it have any known issues, like key card problems as I know the Renault Scenic has key card issues and dash problems.

Thanks for your comments.

P

·
0 Posts
As with most Renault's there are good and bad Megane II's.
If you go for it, check all the electrics function as they should. Have a look at the service book and make sure the cam belt has been changed, it will be well overdue on that car. Check the carpets for signs of water ingress.

A read through the FAQ section will give you some idea of the common problems and what to look out for :)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Hello thomas17 :) if leg room in the back is an important issue to you maybe a Mk2 Megane is the wrong car to buy. There's very limited space for rear seat passengers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts