Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help. I have a 1997 megane and its completly dead this morning. Have had same problem in last three years and had AA out and two new batteries. Had garage check battery last week and they say its fine. However sometimes after leaving it overnight it just wont start. I think it may be something to do with immobiliser but I know nothing about cars. Please can anyone help, I can't afford another garage call out. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for reply, - No nothing happens its completely dead, the engine wont turn over . This has happened lots before and as I say I've had the battery checked but its fine. I've seen a lot of postings about immobiliser problems and Megane problems like this, do you think it may be something to do with that? It happened to me last week and when I got the garage out it started first time. It seems completely random! thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Chris and Ottoman, - sorry I'm bit confused about which reply button to use! have posted reply, - hope its in the right place! Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
if your engine wont turn over it is unlikeley to be an immobillisor fault it sounds as if the earth strap is corroded or it could be the wiring to the startermotor... good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
immobiliser

hi als have renault megane s reg and aahhhhh it wont start because i cant get the key to switch immobiliser off -have changes battery -any help / suggestions -really cant afford big garage bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts