Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just joined the forum hoping to get some help. There are few days since I have purchased a megane 1.6 alize and still try to figure out its trip computer. Could anyone tell me how could I make use of it? How can I reset the mpg? I was searching also for a user manual on the net. Does anybody know where could I download/buy one?

Any hints are highly appreciated. tnx

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
hey alize, the trip compiter button is on the end of the indicator stalk, you push ithe button to get to the different screens (mpg, average speed etc) to reset them you push the button on the dashboard on each screen

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry to bring an old post back to life, but my megane rt alize has the button on the end of the stick but all it has on startup is the oil level then after 10 seconds the total millage, i cant seen to get a trip counter up or anything else, the display is about 2inches by 1 inch in size, is my car the one without the mpg and trip counter?

Once again sorry for bringing this post back to life

Skip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi, on the end of the wiper stick (the stick located at your right hand) there is a push button that will take you trough different sceens of the trip computer. if you press the button but nothing happens there must be a fault somewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for reply, i have just read your post from the end of last year and wondered how you got the stork to bits to repair it?

All i am after is a trip computer, i miss it lots, that used to resetting the trip after a fuel refill and seeing how my fuel economy is ect

Skip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my stick wasnt broken. all the screens displayed fine. just didnt know how to reset the mpg. there is another small push button on the dash board near computer/mileage display and this has to be pressed with the trip computer in the desired screen to reset what info is presented. hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fixed

Thanks for info, all fixed now, the 2 small wires had snapped off the terminals on the base of the stork,

Solution:
1: Take plastic covers off (3 Torx Screws for the bottom cover, 2 for the top)

2: Remove ignition barrel covers (Be carefull not to break any of the wires for the rf remote antenna ect)

3: Unscrew the remote for the radio

4: Unscrew the 2 small phillips screws holding the stork in place

5: Gentley pull the stork out enough to get the plug out of the stork

<>STORK REMOVED<>

Warm the soldering iron up, get the 2 wires ready to be resolderd
tin the end of the wires and place soldering iron on terminal and put wire on,
do the same with the other wire

test the rear wiper switch makeing sure it dont catch or snag the wires, ALL OK

Now reverse the instructions from 5 to 1 and hopefully all will work.

<Finished Job>
Approx time taken: 20mins with bad hands covered in psoriasis LMAO

Now i can see what my 1.6 16v RT Alize is using fuel wise, NOT AMUSED :( 31mpg rural roads expected more but thats another topic for when the fuel prices get back upto £1.00 PL

Cheers folks for all help and info and hope my guide will help someone else, Sorry if its not very clear

Skip

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,063 Posts
Nice one Skip....(feel like I'm talking to a Kangaroo!) :d

Glad you were able to fix the problem.

I wouldn't believe what the fuel computer tells you....they are renowned for being inaccurate.

Doing a proper tank full to tank full MPG test is the best way to find out for sure.

Cheers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
trip display

Hi Skiprat77,
Any chance of a youtube video of the fix/solder solution. I have same issue,, only oil and recent trip.being shown.. no cycling through any other details.
Not too good with solder iron but looking to fix this.

regards

rivendell123

·
Registered
12 Posts
I never though of videoing it, i might see if i can take it appart at the weekend and make a video for anyone who would like to try fix this

give me a few days and il see what i can do

skip

·
Registered
12 Posts
As promised i have took some pics and made a makeshift website with the pics with some instructions

http://www.m1cdu.co.uk/pics/index.html

I dont know how to get them on here so sorry its on an external site, Its my own site.

Coppied from my post:

Solution:
1: Take plastic covers off (3 Torx Screws for the bottom cover, 2 for the top)

2: Remove ignition barrel covers (Be carefull not to break any of the wires for the rf remote antenna ect)

3: Unscrew the remote for the radio

4: Unscrew the 2 small phillips screws holding the stork in place

5: Gentley pull the stork out enough to get the plug out of the stork

<>STORK REMOVED<>

Warm the soldering iron up, get the 2 wires ready to be resolderd
tin the end of the wires and place soldering iron on terminal and put wire on,
do the same with the other wire

test the rear wiper switch makeing sure it dont catch or snag the wires, ALL OK

Now reverse the instructions from 5 to 1 and hopefully all will work.

<Finished Job>

Hope this helps

Skip

·
Registered
31 Posts
stork trip not displaying overall miles etc

Hi Skipratt1977
Followed ur picture instructions. They were excellent.
However, when I got to the part where u mention the two brown wires, I didnt find those. 2 sets of 2 black wires running to two seperate terminals. Both look fine. Still have the problem. Trip display only does the OIL OOOOOO thing at start , then ONLY shows recent trip miles. Nothing else. Does move along at start up if i press the button on stork. but after that, no change.
Anyway, thanks for help. Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
12 Posts
from what i have read, there are some models that dosnt have the extra menu items in the trip computer, from what your aying the stork button is working fine and if your model of car has the extra info on the trip display they must be a diferant fault somewhere (Providing that it has the extra menu option)

Maybe someone else on here could help identify the models with the MPG ect on the trip computer, il will see what i can dig up here and post anymore info i find

Skip

·
Registered
3 Posts
can anyone tell me what all the figures are, when you go though the sequence there are loads of different figures starting of at total millage and so on everytime you click a button.
Hope I make sence.:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
can anyone tell me what all the figures are, when you go though the sequence there are loads of different figures starting of at total millage and so on everytime you click a button.
Hope I make sence.:confused:

I am also looking for something that tells me what these numbers mean on the trip computer. I know one is current mileage, one is current MPG and one is how many miles left but what about the others? If someone knows could you post it on here please. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to bring an old post back to life, but my megane rt alize has the button on the end of the stick but all it has on startup is the oil level then after 10 seconds the total millage, i cant seen to get a trip counter up or anything else, the display is about 2inches by 1 inch in size, is my car the one without the mpg and trip counter?

Once again sorry for bringing this post back to life

Skip
the butten is on the window washer stork on newer models

1 - 20 of 21 Posts