Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all , i have a p reg megane , how to you reset the oil light after oil change?
also need new paint on side wing but i cant find the colour on the car , tryed a few colours i think would match but completely wroung colour , any one help ?:crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Tazza.

I'm sure someone will be able to offer assistance with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hi and welcome tazza. Don't know about the oil light, but the paint code might be on the driver side centre piller. That's where it is on my Laguna, a small metal plate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paint

hello all , i have a p reg megane , how to you reset the oil light after oil change?
also need new paint on side wing but i cant find the colour on the car , tryed a few colours i think would match but completely wroung colour , any one help ?:crazy:
Hi

The paint colours is on the vin plate on the drivers door pillar .

Brian

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
yup write them down and ring your local *********** and ask for parts dept, they should be able to discern which of the codes is the colour code as they tend to vary where on the layout it is placed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a problem with paint codes. I have an Irish reg 2012 Megane. To me the colour looks like mauve/grey. I found a label on the body near rear passenger door which gives a paint code of TERNR. This does not look right to me. On looking at a brochure from when I bought the car the nearest colour seems to be Grey/Silver (MP KNG). The description in my log book gives the car as colour blue which is not correct.
Any suggestions welcome. Just have few small parking scratches to work on.

Regards

johnbcnone

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
As said above on door pillar usually on an oval plate i thinks

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'm pretty sure in the Bodywork section / Stickies Sec there's a complete thread which is dozens of pages long, devoted to nothing else other than Paint Codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I found the sticky post in the bodywork forum. My paint code from the label is TERNR. I found another paint code TERNT in the sticky post.
This suggests the paint code I have is valid.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I am sorted now. The colour code marked on the label is TERNR. TE stands for clear lacquer. The more familiar colour code is RNR, which is more commonly known as spray blue.

Many Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts