Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi own a 2005 Renault megane scenic 1.4 16v. The clutch pedal is hard to press and the biting point is quite high any ideas on a cheaper solution rather than a replacement clutch?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

It certaintly sounds like the clutch it's self is past it,how many miles has the car done?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I only just bought the car and it has done 54000 miles. The clutch isn't slipping it's just high. So you reckon it needs replacement?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If the pedal is hard then it suggests to me that it is on it's last legs,the system is hydraulic and should be very light.The biting point is less of a concern as Renaults do have a habit of having high biting points.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
It is unusual as normally the seals fail which means the pedal is on the floor.
My old espace had that problem and my current 56 scenic had the same problem at 22K.
Inteesting!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
In this case it's more to do with the mechanical clutch components rather than any hydraulic fault.As the clutch wears it needs more pressure applied to it to get it to disengage,and although the clutch isn't slipping the pedal being hard is a sign that there is wear to the friction plate/pressure plate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did you do to sort out the problem? There is only a slight resistance on the clutch pedal at the moment is it best to change the clutch now or wait until it gets a bit worse?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts