Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl joined up here so I could getb a lil help from u guys, I got a 97 Megane n recently a icon on my dash has lit up when I start drivin its a funny lookin wavy line, looked in manual n only thing I can narrow it down 2 is a "electronics fault"

Do ne o u ppl kno the icon I mean?
If so am I right that is a "lecky" fault???

plz help as I got my MOT soon n my "baby" gotta pass

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
welcome to the forum, I'm sure someone will be along to help soon

Reactions: 1 person

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The light is the electrical incident light. The ECU has picked up a fault. Does the car run rough when this happens if so there could be a problem with the coil pack and this will need attending to before further problems are cuased, such as unburnt fuel in the cat. The easy solution is to get the fault codes read by an auto electrician, this should pinpoint the problem. Check the megane Knowledge base or try a forum search for further advice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, 4 the welcome n the help.

I'll try the "knowledge base" but I had a hunch it was was a lecky fault but thank once again 4 the confirmation of it.

If I get a auto electrician wud I b better using a renault dealers electrician cos there are a load o dodgy ones about theses days

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 more thing!!!

when I'm travellin at about 30mph (from cold start) the car occasionally "judders" it feels like its coming from the rear wheels, ne idea on this?
rear brake pads wud be my guess???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! it turned out 2b my air inlet pipe that had split leading 2 my fuel pump, got it sorted n its purring like it shud now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar Electric fault light problem

Hello another newbe here
Let me say I have very little technical knowledge so please keep everything simple, as jargon free as poss.

I have a Megane rt 1.6e megane scenic 98, (I copied from v5 description), The electric fault light comes on when starting up and goes off again shortly after, I have a very nice man who's offered to have a look for me but suggested the forum for ideas where to look.
Anyone out there know of anything he can try before we send my baby in for a diagnostic test, costly and would really like to avoid this if i can

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem with my 98 scenic very intermittent would not start. Kept trying would eventually start and be alright for many months. Should not be an mot issue. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanx

thank you for your sugesstions am i being dim :confused:but what is the knowledge base and where will i find it i can let my nice man know then, funny thing light came on driving along the other day!!!!

P

·
0 Posts
No not really, you're not the first person to ask that and I'm sure that you won't be the last :)

There's a Megane articles section and soon to me a Megane FAQ's section. Click here

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have megane dynamique,i find when going around a corner some of the time the stop light comes on and another light it looks like the hand break light any ideas please

1 - 13 of 13 Posts